MITCH [Screaming]

DOM_the_SCREAMER

New Metal Member
Nov 6, 2007
hello

im an aspiring screamer/vocalist and first off i just want to say you have some of the greatest music the world has ever heard. Now i know you probably get this a lot but can you explain your technique on how you scream the way you do and how you can change pitch levels quickly? I have a pretty decent scream but i would like to know how to do it like a pro. I got a good low scream/growl down but my problom lies within how to change my pitch and such. Ive tried the zen of screaming but it just dosent help much

can you help me??

thank you for taking your time to read,

Dom

hello

im an aspiring screamer/vocalist and first off i just want to say you have some of the greatest music the world has ever heard. Now i know you probably get this a lot but can you explain your technique on how you scream the way you do and how you can change pitch levels quickly? I have a pretty decent scream but i would like to know how to do it like a pro. I got a good low scream/growl down but my problom lies within how to change my pitch and such. Ive tried the zen of screaming but it just dosent help much

can you help me??

thank you for taking your time to read,

Dom

its like shifting gears, bro. you cant be in low mode and try, using the same mechanics, to be all high and gargoylish. its a different technique, air is moving differently, your throat is shaped differently.

first off, kudos on having a sweet low. i have a fairly deep voice but lows were always my weak point. not so much anymore, thanks to practice practice practice.

just make sure you're pushing the air with your diaphragm not your throat, first of all. and remember... more air means a higher pitch. so if you want to sound like "where is your god, where is your god...." open that bitch up and imagine what it would sound like hocking a gnarly loog while screaming really high.

and mimic mimic mimic. i still havent found MY voice. it takes a while to nail technique to the point where id be comfortable walking out onstage everynight and knowing im for sure for sure hitting all the pitches right. for you and your highs, throw in some zao, sing with mitch, agony scene, cradle, black dahlia... guys that really favor the gargoyle shit, you know???

zen of screaming 1 is only about fundamentals by the way. it wont really help you with technique. go pick up volume 2 for that shit. even then it kind of skims over a lot of stuff id have liked broken down a whole fucking lot more.

good luck, man. keep fighting the good fight and stuff.

When I first started vox, I was clueless. I went from 14 years playing guitar to being asked to do vox for my bros. At first I did all Chris Barnes low gutteral stuff but then went to mixing Carcass type vox in. Problem was it was killing my throat...Sooooo I stuck with highs.

Go to our myspace(on my signature) and listen to the vox....mainly high, but in Feb we are recording and I am gonna be a little more diverse then what I was then.

Eventheinfamous is right,, Mimic different styles, I would drive to work with Lamb of God one day and Morbid Angel the next. Now every show we do I can mix them and it don't mess with me..

Good luck bro...