Mithras - Worlds Beyond the Veil

Nov 23, 2002
Now, Terrorizer suck at reviews, so I'm not believing them or anything, but their review of this album says...

"With their second album, they have just probably released the best release of any artist in the UK, of any genre of music, ever. With 'Worlds...' Mithras have conquered not just death metal's throne, but all of metal's as well. Bold words? I suspect there will be some shaking heads in disapproval, but witness its sheer power, gargantuan scale, and the mind-melting sounds and you'll be scraping yourself up off the floor afterwards in shocked awe and you will testify."

And it goes on to compare this to classics like Master of Puppets and claims that it'll change death metal forever, blah blah blah.

Is it good? :err:

Yes, it's excellent. I'm not sure it'll spark a revolution in the way that reviewer was speaking of, but it certainly deserves the 10/10 mark they gave it. I met Raynor Coss a few years ago and he wasn't a scene-metal man, and this definitely isn't a scene-metal album.

Sometimes Terrorizer try a little too hard to be the "thinking man's metal mag". They seem rather too eager to toss an extra mark or two in the direction of anyone who smells intullekshul. But by and large, they seem to do OK with metal-related reviews, it's when they veer off into "leftfield" music that they start talking bollocks. For example, Pan Sonic's "Aaltopiiri" - I got that out of the library the other day, and I'm fucking glad I didn't waste retail price on it.

They should just stick to metal instead of all the weirdo electronica and whatever else they think is appropriate to review (NOFX and Pennywise anyone? Didn't think so. :rolleyes: )

If 'Psyrens' is anything to go by it'll be my favourite album ever.

Judging by the samples I've heard, this album must be brilliant! And oh, to Ageless - what's wrong with NOFX and Pennywise? :p Nah, I can understand that most metal fans don't like those bands. I do, though, because I enjoy both punkrock and metal.

Ageless said:
I can't give a valid reason why but I despise all punk. Can't stand it at all. :ill:

Well, fair enough. Most of the American "punk" (which really is pop rock) shown on MTV and such nowadays make me ill too, though, such as New Found Glory, Simple Plan, Blink, Further Seems Forever, etc.