Mix Contest! Money reward and more

iampax

New Metal Member
Dec 10, 2015
We’re hosting a new mixing contest where you can show off your talent and win $100 and a chance to mix/master upcoming two tracks for a band Life Avenue. Track" The World's not waiting" will be a first single from upcoming EP also including pro video clip coming up in October

If we choose your mix YOU will be labeled as the mixer of the song and info about your portfolio will be attached to upcoming video of this song.

INSTRUCTIONS:

There are separated stems of multitrack 194 BPM including DEMO of the song.

Guitars are not DI and already got distortion recorded through the amps there is a track of real drums ,all together 14 separated tracks.

You have our permission to add effects,extra instruments,reverbs,delays etc Specially there are couple of parts(check demo) where some effects could be applied on vocals and clean guitars.

We know you guys are very talented and full of ideas so have gour way to go.

In terms of references we are in style of bands like Paramore(early stuff), Tonight Alive, PVRIS,Fall Out Boys.

Closing date is 15th September

Download link

https://we.tl/t-J7zoU27Wk

PLEASE SUBMIT YOUR MP3 Mix/master and send to lifeavenue@mail.com Don't forget to keep session files somewhere safe as if you are winner we may communicate about possible revisions and ads- on and and export of final files.

If you are planning to upload your mix on soundcloud or studio portfolio for others to make comments on your mix we kindly ask you to not put details of actual song but instead write something like : band mix contest etc.

Good Luck

Life Avenue

Will have a go at this soon! Any chance of individual multitracks for the drums? Seems like a big ask to coax a good drum sound out of a stereo bounce of raw drums, I think any prospective mixer would need the individual tracks to have the best chance of getting a good drum sound.

Will have a go at this soon! Any chance of individual multitracks for the drums? Seems like a big ask to coax a good drum sound out of a stereo bounce of raw drums, I think any prospective mixer would need the individual tracks to have the best chance of getting a good drum sound.
Ah that would be a case but we never received drums stems from studio despite constant messages and phone calls so I am
afraid this is a one possible solution unless somebody write drums easily in midi

Ah dude that's a terrible situation you have there. The way I see it, you paid for the recording so the tracks are yours. I'll have a go at matching the drums with midi then, haha.

Ah dude that's a terrible situation you have there. The way I see it, you paid for the recording so the tracks are yours. I'll have a go at matching the drums with midi then, haha.
as you said ... yeah its a terrible situation good luck

I though more people will be interested
You're not really offering a whole lot to be honest.

You're offering someone $100 to take a track that's in a hell of a state, no direct mics of the drums or anything. So speculatively somebody has to re-program a convincing drum performance from the stem, then try and salvage the rest hoping they don't need to reamp because they cannot. They could spend a day or more doing all of this only for you to not like the outcome and say "no thanks".

I'd charge $500 or more for doing that easily as would a lot of people on here. You're essentially wanting free test mixes and then offering to pay the winner a pitiful amount along with the exposure being promoted as the person who's mixed it. Which anyone hear would expect as a professional courtesy.

Not to mention you've actually done this process more than a few times. My advice would be to stop being cheap and actually hire someone to do it properly rather than dangling a rotten carrot out hoping that some poor sod is going to go for it.

You're not really offering a whole lot to be honest.

You're offering someone $100 to take a track that's in a hell of a state, no direct mics of the drums or anything. So speculatively somebody has to re-program a convincing drum performance from the stem, then try and salvage the rest hoping they don't need to reamp because they cannot. They could spend a day or more doing all of this only for you to not like the outcome and say "no thanks".

I'd charge $500 or more for doing that easily as would a lot of people on here. You're essentially wanting free test mixes and then offering to pay the winner a pitiful amount along with the exposure being promoted as the person who's mixed it. Which anyone hear would expect as a professional courtesy.

Not to mention you've actually done this process more than a few times. My advice would be to stop being cheap and actually hire someone to do it properly rather than dangling a rotten carrot out hoping that some poor sod is going to go for it.

Well , I deffo didnt break any rules of the forum but I do understand yeah. Fair enough , because there is no midi files on it its really hard to get out something good out of stereo bounced track.
Yes, I have done this process twice but each time guys were happy and at the end we have had longer collaboration and been paying proper money for it. I hope I did not offended anybody here if yes my apologies.