mix hammerfall?

THAT IS FUUUCKING AMAZING!!!!!

I was gonna do an electro cover with my keyboard player but this totally takes the biscuit :lol::lol::lol:

Hey man, that mix comes together fairly well, but I'd say watch your low-mids. The guitars more than anything need some of that nasal frequency range subtracted to let them open up and really mesh. The snare likewise could use a little bit extra tightening up.

I'd say keep working on it and you'll definitely get there man.

It certainly helps that they mixed half of it for us... I was wondering why I found it so easy, but yeah... haha. Most fun I've had in a while.

Hey that's pretty cool Matula.

If I may suggest backing off the compressor on the kick a little. It sounds like its an already clicky sample just made a bit too present. It stands out of the mix a little too much. Similar deal with the snare. I'd try to get both to mesh with the rest of the mix a little more.

Overall maybe on the bass-lite side. Maybe see if you can get some more bass in there.

Just my 2c. Good stuff.

Hey Moonlapse, thanks for the input.

For some reason I always tend to do that. So I followed your suggestion. The file is overwritten.

Somehow I knew that wouldn't be my last try

Hey man, that mix comes together fairly well, but I'd say watch your low-mids. The guitars more than anything need some of that nasal frequency range subtracted to let them open up and really mesh. The snare likewise could use a little bit extra tightening up.

I'd say keep working on it and you'll definitely get there man.

It certainly helps that they mixed half of it for us... I was wondering why I found it so easy, but yeah... haha. Most fun I've had in a while.

http://www.upload.celtiaproductions.co.uk/uploads/gavinharper-heartsonfire.mp3

Any better? :lol:

Test drove some plugin demos i'm considering buying on this...

Quite happy actually!

That verb on the snare is pretty bad man. Reminded me of St Anger when it first came on, just the sort of overtones its adding to the snare. Either that, or you didnt remove that ring in the snare at around 450hz? I seriously subtracted that about 7dB along with the 9dB of low-mids I already took out of it.

I think the guitars are still a little hollow... kinda like that sound with the triple recto on Opeth's Deliverance, except this kind of music pretty much demands more lush and open guitars.

Whole mix together sits pretty well though. I reckon just work on the guitars and the verb and try to get it all sounding a bit more open, and it should be good.

It's funny actually, I've had more comments about my mix coming from other forums, haha. Not a single one here.

That verb on the snare is pretty bad man. Reminded me of St Anger when it first came on, just the sort of overtones its adding to the snare. Either that, or you didnt remove that ring in the snare at around 450hz? I seriously subtracted that about 7dB along with the 9dB of low-mids I already took out of it.

I think the guitars are still a little hollow... kinda like that sound with the triple recto on Opeth's Deliverance, except this kind of music pretty much demands more lush and open guitars.

Whole mix together sits pretty well though. I reckon just work on the guitars and the verb and try to get it all sounding a bit more open, and it should be good.

It's funny actually, I've had more comments about my mix coming from other forums, haha. Not a single one here.

:lol: i thought i commented on yours? Fuck!

Man, yours, as usual, kicked ass and game me something to work towards!

Which, leads me to some changes made by your comments:

http://www.upload.celtiaproductions.co.uk/uploads/gavinharper-heartsonfire.mp3

Oh dude, you lost the St. Anger vibe on it! Now it totaly sux!

:lol:

Seriosly, I think you can make tha snare a liitle bit better. May be use there is too much from the bottom mic.