mix hammerfall?

Here is a POD XT reamped sample. Mixdown is done in 25 minutes with the factory presets of my plugins, i will do a good one when I have time. This is only to test the PODXT played by Hammerfall.

So concentrate your ears in guitar tone and give me some advice about the preset. I want to create the Ultimate Metal Superb Asskicking Grannyfucking Turbo Buggering Anal Intruder Preset Of Hell That Make Children Die Machomen Cry and Women Moan Of Pleasure. Perhaps is a bit long the name, innit?

http://www.sneapforum.celtiaproductions.co.uk/Jevil/jevil - heartsonfire_PODXT_shittymix.mp3

damn, who edited this?

just listen to Toms at bar 43, 51, 73 etc or hihat in that 135-145 part, Bass after the git solo...some really bad editing...

btw, what's the deal with those high-low rr r.l l.r etc guitars?
does anybody have any details?

Hey LSD, that mix is really dry for a power metal mix IMO. I think the general sound of all the elements is cool, but it doesn't really seem to gel into the one mix as cohesively as it can.

It's a shame that the raw tracks they've provided us lead to everyone having a rather thin and separated sounding mix (mine included of course) rather than one that's a large wall of sound.

^There's a thread on the first page (sticky) describing how.

I finally got the files today - I'm still LMAO when listening to the main vocals or the choirs on Solo! :D

Here are two questions:

1) Why is there a bass for left and one for right??
2) Why are there only two reamp tracks for the guitar? Ok, i figure they wouldn't want to give away all of them but normally all guitars should be recorded dry if you want to keep the opportunity to reamp, right?

^There's a thread on the first page (sticky) describing how.

I finally got the files today - I'm still LMAO when listening to the main vocals or the choirs on Solo! :D

Here are two questions:

1) Why is there a bass for left and one for right??
2) Why are there only two reamp tracks for the guitar? Ok, i figure they wouldn't want to give away all of them but normally all guitars should be recorded dry if you want to keep the opportunity to reamp, right?

1) They are mono tracks, dump them both into an empty stereo track in your audio program.
2) I'm assuming they were 100% sure they wanted to use that tone for the leads/melody, so they didn't feel the need to make reamp tracks.

Look at the two mono tracks zoomed in, so you can see the waveforms, they're different. Although you mainly record a bass in mono, you might as well use both waveforms in one stereo track.