Mix my bands album for fun!

I went off the rails here, started mixing last night on and off (on a pair of cheap earphones, I'm not home at the moment hah) but my God B-Vera is a great song. Love everything about it, the guitar riffs, the way the bass was tracked (very good) and the drum midi file (written quite well I must say) :kickass:

This is a snippet of what I've got so far (just the instrumental), not too sure when I'll be finished yet but hey :-D

yeah, I subconsciously changed a few of the guitar parts when I was reamping it (I'm really sorry)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGgGMVS4c6c&feature=youtu.be

I'll definetly keep Karhu on my radar :kickass:

I'd just like to add that this is the first full, fleshed out metal song I've mixed (I only have experience of doing a few sections of songs here and there) and I'd like to thank you, Humidfume, for providing these stems for the community - I'm sure it'll help out as many others as it has myself in mixing :headbang:

I'd just like to add that this is the first full, fleshed out metal song I've mixed (I only have experience of doing a few sections of songs here and there) and I'd like to thank you, Humidfume, for providing these stems for the community - I'm sure it'll help out as many others as it has myself in mixing :headbang:

Honestly not a problem buddy! Thank you so much for the kind words!

Thanks for sharing so nice tracks. My Ignorance mix:

ssd4 terry date drums, kemper reamped guitars with diezel herbert profile. I've also edited drums to make them more interesting, added some ghost notes, some upbeat hats and cymbals

Last edited by a moderator:
NP at all guys! Glad to allow you guys to continue to have a blast! I'm looking at releasing my DI's / RAWS with a special edition of my new album out later this year (fingers crossed).

This type of stuff:

hey Joe, great stuff. Glad to see you embrace the idea of being creative with mixes of your material. I tried mixing a cambridge metal song for practice and the guitarist really went at it with me because I tried changing a few things. I've picked up some new skills since then, so I should be able to have some fun with your's and deliver better than what I've done before. Your track may be the one I test drive this Excalibur plugin from Exponential with(releases in a few hours to demo). Your tracks also sound like they were recorded with a lot better quality than a lot of other multitracks out there. Later today I'll take a listen and hopefully sometime this week I can do a mix for ya. Is there anything you've wanted someone to try and do that hasn't been done before? I like so many metal productions from the 70s up until maybe a few years ago, so, I may try a couple different approaches. thanks again!

]My take on D44.. First song I've remixed in full ever (except for redneck - l.o.g) Hope you like it, let me know how I can improve!

HI,

this time something different ! LOG kick and snare (maybe ?)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xp2d79WNCms

Stay Metal !

Hi,
and the last one ! "B-Vera"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YfkMl5DB8E0

Bugera and mic pos photo:

989061_584918614871986_595617800_o.jpg

989692_584919558205225_1837031309_o.jpg

Stay Metal !

What did you use for drums on these? I really dig them.

Super sweet songs man, love em!

This is my mix of "B-Vera", Would love to hear feedback

Guitars = Emissary by Ignite Amps
Drums = SSD4
Bass = DI w/ TSE B.O.D and a Dist. Channel w/ TSE 808

hey Joe, great stuff. Glad to see you embrace the idea of being creative with mixes of your material. I tried mixing a cambridge metal song for practice and the guitarist really went at it with me because I tried changing a few things. I've picked up some new skills since then, so I should be able to have some fun with your's and deliver better than what I've done before. Your track may be the one I test drive this Excalibur plugin from Exponential with(releases in a few hours to demo). Your tracks also sound like they were recorded with a lot better quality than a lot of other multitracks out there. Later today I'll take a listen and hopefully sometime this week I can do a mix for ya. Is there anything you've wanted someone to try and do that hasn't been done before? I like so many metal productions from the 70s up until maybe a few years ago, so, I may try a couple different approaches. thanks again!

Hey man, thanks so much! We invested in our technique and gear to bring the best music we could at the time.

I'd love to hear a disco version of Reality 2.0. Or a country version of D44 etc.. just funny shit.

Get creative.

I think anyone who has used the raw tracks to improve their mixing skills of gotten any entertainment out of Joe's generosity should buy the fucking album. I will start the ball rolling. I've pledged €10 to https://karhu.bandcamp.com/.

Come on, everyone in this thread should do this. If you smoke, drink, own a mobile phone or eat at fucking McDonald's regularly then the asking price of €5 should be easily within your means. And if you don't have any bad habits that you spend money on there's absolutely no excuse :D