Mix update

Dan Swanö;6020118 said:
can we have a pre-listening outside MB in the car and have lunch from 'Hålet i väggen'?

You Wish!!!!! :loco:

Maybe outside Ågatan, but then with the whole band!!!:heh:

And having PEO J. serving us dinner from Ågatan 3 in the car and a bottle of Whisky afterwards:headbang:
But who's gonna drive the car then:loco:

NP : Trettioåriga Kriget - Hej På Er!

There's probably some good reasoning in that. Is it that the car is always gonna be an enclosed space and this provides a constant? Makes sense to me.

LAWLs...sorry but a car's interior is one of the WORST acoustical environments there is. Too many panels that cause reflections, resonations, the constant changing of the floor boards, the seats, etc. all of which cause spikes and dips in frequency response.

But, with that being said...if I get a CD I always listen to it in my car, because I've got about 2k into my car's stereo (us dollars) and countless hours of tuning, and maybe 50 bucks into my home stereo. While the car is cleaner when cranked, the home sound stage is untouchable.

Anyway, can't wait for this album :)

well it's all a matter of priority
it depends how much time you spend on the road and how much you spend at home...

in general witha proper system the sound in the car should be better than the sound at home simply because it's a much smaller space

in general witha proper system the sound in the car should be better than the sound at home simply because it's a much smaller space

:err:
So in a shoebox the sound would be best? :)
Car is difficult because of the glass. Usually you have some resonating frequencies which are higher, because it's smaller.
But it's hard to get a good room at home, too :)

I do this too sometimes, because I listen to music in my car and I'm sure a lot of other people do too :lol: If it sounds shit in the car, something is wrong...

the glass in the car isn't the problem...it's the strategic location and angle of the speakers that's the problem...
the front speakers are at the bottom of the front door...every idiot can tell you that any speakers should be placed at ear level or above for optimal sound...would be more effective to have the speakers mounted from the roof above the front 2 seats aiming down...it's not optimal but it sure is better than having the music blasting at your feet...the bottom of the front doors should be subwoofers and shit.
as for the back speakersthey should be where they are(above the trunk) but should be mounted at an angle rather than facing straight up(and getting a lot of rear glass action).

about the shoebox...the cardboard resonates too much...if you get a concrete shoebox with foam padded walls then mount inside a monster speaker system(really small speakers)...then put a mouse inside and blast some bloodbath at full volume into the box...the mouse will be headbanging all the way:loco:

well it's all a matter of priority
it depends how much time you spend on the road and how much you spend at home...

Of course priorities, I'm in my car quite a bit, and it's easier for me to crank it out when I'm on the highway, than it is when I'm at my computer and I've got 3 neighbors all around me just waiting for something to complain about.

Space really has nothing to do with how well something is going to sound. Just because you have a large room doesn't mean good sound isn't possible. Take a movie theater for example, you have a VERY large room, and with a sound system capable of being very loud, yet sounding extremely clear. While you can achieve the same results in a car, it takes a lot more time and effort to get there, because of all the proper tuning involved but yes it is possible while definitely not the easiest thing to do.

Dan, I'm patiently waiting for "White Darkness" to be finally realized and released. It is one of my most anticipated pieces of music for 2007. And without sounding like a complete fanboy, I'm way too old for that, in all my years listening to music, you Mr.Swano, are without a question in my mind one of the most talented and complete musicians on this planet. Thanx, Man.