MIXING TIME: (A Charlez Song)

Here's my take on it, great track by the way!
Any F/B would be appreciated!

The tones here sound very dry to me, and it seems like an EQ issue because I also hear some frequencies fighting eachother, particularly between different guitar parts. Drums are dry as well. Nice effort though, remember to only subtract eq generally speaking.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the advice man, I'll work on it and see what happens, and you're right about it being dry, I think there is only a slight touch of verb on the snare but not a lot else, my bad haha

Ok, I've added some reverb to the guitars, and the drums, EQ'd the guitars and tried to make the leads sit a bit better with the rhythm parts. Sounds a damn site better than the first mix I think. :)
Rough Mix 2

The guitars in my mix are Pod farm with Redwire impulses.

Charlez, your guitars sounds awesome for me! What was your Pod farm settings? And wich one impulse?(sm57 mic or something else?cab - mesa?cap,cap edge?) :)

Also i like your mix at all, what did you do on master?
Thanks a lot.

My try.. But i'm newbie. :saint:

Your mix has power in itself. I can't do this. :err:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/15307033/Charlez_Try1_Ron.mp3

dude you killed you mix with compression and/or limiting. it literally feels like its pulsing through my monitors. however, I did the same thing when I was starting out as well. it takes practice. take the compression you have on your master output and try to adjust it so that it has a steady one or two decibels of compression the entire song. you don't want your decibel meter going all over the place when you're compressing on the master output.

Hey Charlez, Here's the mix I worked on last night. Let me know what you think. I need some criticism! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
sounds rather small and thin man

turn it up? :lol:

I didn't do much mastering on it, so there's still some compressing, limiting and clipping that could be done to get volume. Just looking for feedback on the actual mix, other than "small and thin" ;)