MIXING TIME: LoG Style Song!

Djabthrash is correct way too much bass in that mix

Damn :/ that means that either my amp or headphones are out of kilter, or I can't hear bass frequencies that well :( it sounded pretty good on a number of headphones and speakers I tried, so it could well be the latter.

Either that or I've just inadvertently collected a number of consistently shitty-sounding speakers and headphones :p

EDIT: wait, do you mean there's too much in the way of bass frequencies, or the actual bass guitar itself is too loud, i.e. too much clickiness? Genuinely looking for advice here :)

Damn :/ that means that either my amp or headphones are out of kilter, or I can't hear bass frequencies that well :( it sounded pretty good on a number of headphones and speakers I tried, so it could well be the latter.

Either that or I've just inadvertently collected a number of consistently shitty-sounding speakers and headphones :p

EDIT: wait, do you mean there's too much in the way of bass frequencies, or the actual bass guitar itself is too loud, i.e. too much clickiness? Genuinely looking for advice here :)

Bass is too loud, try lowering it and also make sure you're lo passing it at 4 khz.

It's taking up a lot of the frequency range. Also make sure you're compressing it a good amount, with a 1176 style comp about 8-12 db gr. Low end's jumping around to much. You need to control it, if you follow this method

http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/...0-recording-chain-getting-huge-bass-tone.html

you'll get a controlled tone that compliments the guitars rather than overpowers them

Here's my attempt.
I just wanna say that this shit was INSANELY fun to mix.
Thank you for this, this kind of stuff is really helpful to improve.
Gonna start studying music production this summer, maybe i'll give it a go again after i hopefully become good ;)

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/25538565/LoG style mix4.wav
(Dropbox won't play Wav, so you gotta DL it)

And here's a slightly newer version where i tried to get some warmer guitar tones.
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/25538565/LoG style mix6 - Copy.wav

Check out both and leave some feedback, it's appreciated! :)

Edit: Oops, meant to edit my previous post, not double post.
Oh well, i don't see a delete button >.<

Maybe its too late but when I put the midi drum track in the project at 155 bpm, this isnt match with the others tracks, neither beginning and the end. What am I doing wrong?

Maybe its too late but when I put the midi drum track in the project at 155 bpm, this isnt match with the others tracks, neither beginning and the end. What am I doing wrong?

I haven't downloaded these files, but I had a similar problem downloading another project of stem tracks (the Sturgis mix of that Born of Osiris song).

I couldn't just load all the files + midi tempo map all at once. I had to literally import the tempo map first, then go and import all the audio tracks or else everything would be all over the place. (In Reaper, FWIW).