MIXING TIME: LoG Style Song!

My quick shot at this:

Drums are Slate with LSD kick, bass has a touch of B.O.D. and guitars are Krank Rev jr direct with impulses.
Did this in 1 hour so the mix might be a little bit sloppy.

EDIT: new link, see last post

Sorry for the late reply, wasn't at home the last days.

Here's my current setup:
Guitar: Ibanez RGR 08 with one SD Blackout
Bass: No-name 5 String
Interface: Focusrite Saffire Pro 24
Drums: Superior Drummer 2.0

Thank you for the kind words ;)

aix

I also have a Focusrite interface (Pro 40), I'm just curious - do you use any external DI with it or just plug the axe straight into the interface with "Instrument" switched on?

Thanks!... And give us some impressions on the mixes! :)

do you use any external DI with it or just plug the axe straight into the interface with "Instrument" switched on?

no, it's just the focusrite. but when i switch on the instrument button, the input is clipping as hell, even with the gain set to 0!!! dunno if this is normal?!

whole mix seems to be a bit muddy...

Still remeber bitching about DI tracks in the original thread, finally had a shot on this one.
No reference, but hopefully somewhat like LoG
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/8986797/Songs/logstyle.mp3

i really like the sound of the snare...some details :p?

is there just one cymbal on the left?!

My quick shot at this:
Drums are Slate with LSD kick, bass has a touch of B.O.D. and guitars are Krank Rev jr direct with impulses.
Did this in 1 hour so the mix might be a little bit sloppy.
EDIT: did some minor fixes: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2764370/log-style-02.mp3

did you pitch down the guitars? lower the kick and being up these guitars.

I did a mix too, still learning so don't be to hard
Btw: geiler Song!
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/12632255/LoG.mp3

danke ;)! i think the drums aren't that bad...but the guitars are very muddy. and i want to hear more grind and clarity on the bass!

thank you for your feedback,
any tips/advice for less muddy guitars?
btw i'm using tse x30 here

Here's my reamp/mix of the song, was very enjoyable :) Guitars are all Marshall Valvestate -> SM57. I think the tone suits the song pretty well actually :) I've mixed this with a pretty bad cold so my ears are pretty much messed up. Hope you enjoy

no, it's just the focusrite. but when i switch on the instrument button, the input is clipping as hell, even with the gain set to 0!!! dunno if this is normal?!

whole mix seems to be a bit muddy...

i really like the sound of the snare...some details :p?

is there just one cymbal on the left?!

danke ;)! i think the drums aren't that bad...but the guitars are very muddy. and i want to hear more grind and clarity on the bass!

You left me out :cry:
:)

Holy crap, I just realized that your files are 24Bit/48khz and not 44, that's the reason why they sound pitched down.. My fault, I'm an idiot.

By the way, my snare was the Metal Foundry LoG preset with some heavy processing and slight bleding of the CJWall shotgun snare, just for puch.
The is quite some compression, a lot of limiting and EQ aswell as saturation on there, I just always wanted to do a snare that sounded like LoG.

/ Snare is pitched up and the sample is pitched down btw, that gives it the ring and all that shit.

Did this in about 3 hours today. Please tell me what you think.

Drums: SD2.0 Metal Foundry LoG Atlantis Preset, tweaked the kick. Snare is Gcliped. Drum buss sent to a Paralell Comp and blended to taste.

Bass: Guitar Rig 4 > FabFilter Pro-C Compressor

Rhythm Guitars 1 & 2: Overloud TH2 100 L/R
Rhythm Guitars 3 & 4: TSE808 > Le456 > KeFiR w/ Diesel v30 Impulse 70% L/R
Guitar Buss; ReaEQ for HP/LP and some upper mid boost/lower mid cut

Additional Guitar 1: Guitar Rig 4 > E-RetroVox
Additional Guitar 2 (Lead); Guitar Rig 4 Guitar Hero Lead Preset > Fabfilter Timeless 2

2-bus: Waves SSLComp > C4 > Ozone 4 for subtle EQing, dash of Harmonic Exciter, and a dab of Stereo Imager > Voxengo Elephant

[SOUNDCLOUD]http://soundcloud.com/darkhatred/logmix [/SOUNDCLOUD]