Mixing weed and music

Do you smoke weed before listining to music?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I voted YES, but actually I am referring to my own past. I used to do not much else other than smoking and chilling to good music at the end of my teens, but now I've almost completely stopped. I never buy anything and I get the oportunity to smoke some only very very rarely (maybe 1-2 times a year or so). Also, the wife wouldn't want me to do it, and I learned to enjoy music without it.

That said, depending on the music and the mood, I miss the old times...

I voted yes but it certainly cant be anything heavier or really to crazy because then it gets kind of hard to follow damnation really mellows you out alot and ive fallen alseep but if you can find a good inbetween point thats great like def lepard-pyromania sounds retarded but me and isolation years got high to it before and decided its th sound track to getting stoned :p

@arasmas: no i haven't , but i have watched people on drugs, and they all acted just plain stupid. same goes for drunkards:Smug:

Of course you thought they acted stupid, because they where in a different mind set then you. Cannabis has proven to have a minimal long-term effect on the brain even with heavy use. In essence pot doesn't make you stupid, some stupid people use pot.

I do a fair amount of music listening while in an alternative mind set, I don't think it makes it better or worse, it just gives me a different perspective. Can be very rewarding I think.

However this thread has nothing to do with Opeth and should be deleted or moved.

I tried mixing weed and music once but the CD shards scratched up my palette and throat and the weeds had poison ivy mixed in. I watched Martha Stewart for a while after that but that cunt always holds out on her best recipes. What am I doing wrong?

I was a pot head. All I did was smoke. Now I no more smoke. Music still good to me.

I voted yes but it certainly cant be anything heavier or really to crazy because then it gets kind of hard to follow damnation really mellows you out alot and ive fallen alseep but if you can find a good inbetween point thats great like def lepard-pyromania sounds retarded but me and isolation years got high to it before and decided its th sound track to getting stoned :p

hahaha fuck yeah, that was actually an awesome time, def leppard isn't too complicated so it's easy to get into, complicated music i just can't get into when high.

as for why people get drunk/high, im not sure, perhaps it's just nice sometimes, i think porcelin eater summed it up best when he said playing wii tennis look sdumb but it's still fun, it's all a state of mind

I used to smoke pretty consistently back around the time that Ghost Reveries came out....Isis and Kayo Dot were AMAZING to me, at that time. I haven't smoked in over a year now, and I love being sober- i don't feel like i NEED anything in order to enjoy music. In fact, i think i enjoy it even MORE now that my mind is working properly- i'm able to analyze and deconstruct it more quickly and efficiently, which is very important when trying to master an instrument (the drums). If somebody offered me a hit right now, i'd certainly decline. My job doesn't drug test, but I know my own mind and my performance would definitely suffer if i began smoking even semi-regularly again.

Well, it's all relative to personal use. Anything used overused of anything at all in life itself will cause personal boredom.

My personal favorite quote to sum my reply//post is:

"Only the healthy, happy, wholesome, handsome, hopeful, humorous, high-velocity should seek these experiences. This elitism is totally self-determined. Unless you are self-confident, self-directed, self-selected, please abstain." ~ Timothy Leary

Plain simple and truthful. Only the brave should venture in such an aspect, because the people who haven't or will not try aren't ignorant in an aspect such as this, but unwillingness makes them uneducated to a degree unless it's been performed. Then more knowledge would be gained based off of not only your own response, but anyone else. Every drug is different, yet MJ gets such a bad rap for the incredibly wrong reasons. Hatred will not fix anything whatsoever, and that's what is wrong. Only respecting people for their choices will matter in the end. Like I've said previously, if a person utilizing any type of drug regardless of what it is and it doesn't effect you, disregard from hatred. It's too commonplace for anything as a response for something that you aren't used to, yet for personal use there's just no room for hatred of this person//use unless it has a completely negative effect on your lifestyle. Only then are you allowed to make comments and situations on that, but the sad part is even if it was from drugs the person would of probably been like this normally anyway. MJ and *others* that I won't mention have not only made me a better person in life, but to be honest...

without my personal use... I wouldn't have even known Opeth or better yet my personality wouldn't have opened to recognize the talents that bands like these have. I was that close minded back in the day. No longer.

Wait... you mean you can listen to music without weed?!

Who knew?!!

I dunno man, sounds like crazy talk to me!

Seriously though, about the only time I abstain from weed & music is when I'm playing a gig. I never get high before or during a gig, afterwards though...

bong-squad.jpg