mjödets sötma

Mantis

Naturmistikk & Folktale
Jul 18, 2003
Eburum
Visit site
Mr V. sings in "Hednaorden" "Och styrka till sinnet av mjödets sötma" (And strengthened to the mind by the mead's sweetness)
Is mead so sweet? I mean I never tasted it and would like so much, anyone of you did drink of it? How's its taste? any resemblance with beer? More alcoholic than beer?
:tickled:

My friends drink it from time to time (not much a drinker myself) and from what they said yes there is a bit of sweetness to it. Must be because of the honey included in the drink.

hmm... it depends on the quality. better mead is not that sweet, the cheap one (2,70 € at Walmart) is so damn sweet that it is disgusting.

Mantis said:
Mr V. sings in "Hednaorden" "Och styrka till sinnet av mjödets sötma" (And strengthened to the mind by the mead's sweetness)
Is mead so sweet? I mean I never tasted it and would like so much, anyone of you did drink of it? How's its taste? any resemblance with beer? More alcoholic than beer?
:tickled:

It's a figure of speech..don't make a direct translation...as you can also say "livets sötma" etc...

mr V

Vintersorg said:
It's a figure of speech..don't make a direct translation...as you can also say "livets sötma" etc...

mr V

Yes mr.V, I totally understand you, you're the man!
But then again, if you translate it as "livets sötma", you can't drink it anymore!:oops:

Mine was only a pretest to talk about mead, it sounded awful to me talking about it without starting with something around Mr. V's project as I'm in his forum, so it was easier that what it looks

The meads I tasted were all very sweet. A bit like an over sugared and honey tasting white wine. The texture and temperature at which you drink it make it very similar to white wine.

I definitely recommend you taste it!

But like for all alcohols, if you really wanna enjoy the experience, you'll have to pay a bit more for the bottle. Its worth it though! :D

Mantis said:
Mine was only a pretest to talk about mead, it sounded awful to me talking about it without starting with something around Mr. V's project as I'm in his forum, so it was easier that what it looks
A noble endeavour!

edit: Suddenly I'm reminded of The 13th Warrior, when Herger offers Antonio a drinking horn, and he smells it and refuses it.
Antonio: "I cannot taste neither the fermentation of grape, nor of wheat. "
Herger: "Hahaha!!"
Antonio: "Why do you laugh?"
Herger: "Honey! It's made from honey!"
Antonio: *drains drinking horn, lays Olga*

The mead in my country is not sold in stores only few know about it and it is very hard and expensive to buy, it's only from where there is "bee-breeding" meaning they make honey but also mead, unluckly I'll have to wait to taste it :(