MMA Review Thread [Spoilers]

Valentine said:
"Lost" really shows that they are trying to get bigger,as it is cathy in a very "poppy" way....
but this is a NEW and FRESH EG album,its not BAD,musically.

You are right that it isn't bad, but it certainly is worse then everything else they've done, especially Lost.

Many bands do songs that sound like Lost, and Eg does a nice job of doing that type of song. The problem is that no other band that I've heard of does music like we've heard on the previous EG albums, so to have EG move out of that style, into a more mainstream style is disappointing because now there is nothing out there that measures up to what they've done before.

If they had been a more standard sounding band to begin with, then this type of change wouldn't be such a disappointment.

1Time said:
You are right that it isn't bad, but it certainly is worse then everything else they've done, especially Lost.

Many bands do songs that sound like Lost, and Eg does a nice job of doing that type of song. The problem is that no other band that I've heard of does music like we've heard on the previous EG albums, so to have EG move out of that style, into a more mainstream style is disappointing because now there is nothing out there that measures up to what they've done before.

If they had been a more standard sounding band to begin with, then this type of change wouldn't be such a disappointment.

Don't get me wrong,I totally agree with you.
When I first heard it I thaught "WTF! is this shit!?A Kelly Clarkson cover or some shit!?" but I just had to admit that it was a nice and catchy song;p

Its sad that they are missing so many classic evergrey elements on this album,but as I said...we just have to think of it as something new and fresh,cause the previous albums aren't going anywhere just because this album is different. This whole situation reminds me of when Slipknot released theyre 3rd album,and they had gotten softer and more experimental...but I along with most fans ended up loving it for what it was...and I hope that will be the outcome of this album as well.

Despite my review score up top. I change my mind. This album comes and goes within 1 week just like any other commercial album. Now I think it's utter shit because I started listening to their older albums again. God damn disapointing.

karelrulez said:
That's funny. I didn't really like Slipknot's first two outings, I thought their Vol. 3 was musically far superiour (and it really is).

It IS!! its by far the best thing they've ever done! But the whole album came as a surprise to all us fans who were used to the all-through blood-hard albums. suddenly there was aqustic guitars,solos,and more cathyness then before. just brilliant! nothing else.

Valentine said:
It IS!! its by far the best thing they've ever done! But the whole album came as a surprise to all us fans who were used to the all-through blood-hard albums. suddenly there was aqustic guitars,solos,and more cathyness then before. just brilliant! nothing else.

Meh, I used to like Slipknot. Good drummer, shit everything else. Teenage angst that is just really annoying. The new cd really shows that they have matured a little, but I still cant stand the guys voice, and there are so many better bands out there that deserve my time more than those guys do. Im not just a blind metalhead Slipknot basher, but I truly dont like them at all. The drummer is quite talented I must admit, but he is the only reason why these guys are so popular, that and marketing.

Sorry, but as of now, I dont think the new Evergrey is up to par with the older stuff. It just doesnt showcase the emotions that they used to be so good at portraying, and the music lost its Evergrey hooks and fills. Very basic run of the mill hard rock album. Better than most of the stuff out in the mainstream, but quite honestly, I enjoy the new Disturbed more than this. Hopefully I will see where the guys are coming from and see its beauty, but I just dont see the special points of the album yet.

EternalMetal said:
Meh, I used to like Slipknot. Good drummer, shit everything else. Teenage angst that is just really annoying. The new cd really shows that they have matured a little, but I still cant stand the guys voice, and there are so many better bands out there that deserve my time more than those guys do. Im not just a blind metalhead Slipknot basher, but I truly dont like them at all. The drummer is quite talented I must admit, but he is the only reason why these guys are so popular, that and marketing.

Sorry, but as of now, I dont think the new Evergrey is up to par with the older stuff. It just doesnt showcase the emotions that they used to be so good at portraying, and the music lost its Evergrey hooks and fills. Very basic run of the mill hard rock album. Better than most of the stuff out in the mainstream, but quite honestly, I enjoy the new Disturbed more than this. Hopefully I will see where the guys are coming from and see its beauty, but I just dont see the special points of the album yet.

the new EG album is shallow,and sounds like it was made in a rush of three days or something....so whatever!

You don't like slipknot,and think they give a shit that you can't see that they got more than a good drummer?

Good for you,doesn't change a thing.

EternalMetal said:
Meh, I used to like Slipknot. Good drummer, shit everything else. Teenage angst that is just really annoying. I still cant stand the guys voice.

WTF man!? DISTURBED are the ones singing about teenage angst....god,you're apparently on of those people who does'nt know shit about music and posted something to look smart! well,it didn't work.:lol:

have you even read slipknot's lyrics? apparently NOT!

yeah yeah,people like you shouldn't bother to listen to slipknot anyways. :Smug:

Valentine said:
WTF man!? DISTURBED are the ones singing about teenage angst....god,you're apparently on of those people who does'nt know shit about music and posted something to look smart! well,it didn't work.:lol:

have you even read slipknot's lyrics? apparently NOT!

yeah yeah,people like you shouldn't bother to listen to slipknot anyways. :Smug:

IF YOUR 555 THEN IM 666!!!! Wow, thats mature. Please, I used to listen to Slipknot when they first came out and got popular. Their music is really immature, and to top it all off, the lyrics are too.

"
Everybody hates me now, so fuck it
Blood's on my face and my hands, and I
Don't know why, I'm not afraid to cry
But that's none of your business
Whose life is it? Get it? See it? Feel it? Eat it?
Spin it around so i can spit in its face
I wanna leave without a trace
Cause I don't wanna die in this place"
Slipknot - People = Shit

Wow, what did they learn how to say the word "fuck" yesterday? Any teenager that graduated high school with a GED can write this crap.

Disturbed never came off as a teenage angst band to me. Yea, they curse once in a while, but their lyrics are no where near as horrible as Slipknot's. Disturbed are a good hard rock/nu-metal band. Most metal fans dont like them because they are popular and are kinda nu-metalish, but I still think they have some good songs.

the new EG album is shallow,and sounds like it was made in a rush of three days or something....so whatever!

Yea, way to make me look totally close minded about the new Evergrey. Unless this is how you feel about it. Look at the other MMA thread. I praised the album when I first heard it. Then I gave it about 7 or 8 decent listens and it really isnt doing anything to me. And like I said, I enjoy the new Disturbed more than I enjoy this at the moment, hopefully it will grow on me and I will change my mind.

EternalMetal said:
IF YOUR 555 THEN IM 666!!!! Wow, thats mature. Please, I used to listen to Slipknot when they first came out and got popular. Their music is really immature, and to top it all off, the lyrics are too.

"
Everybody hates me now, so fuck it
Blood's on my face and my hands, and I
Don't know why, I'm not afraid to cry
But that's none of your business
Whose life is it? Get it? See it? Feel it? Eat it?
Spin it around so i can spit in its face
I wanna leave without a trace
Cause I don't wanna die in this place"
Slipknot - People = Shit

Wow, what did they learn how to say the word "fuck" yesterday? Any teenager that graduated high school with a GED can write this crap.

Disturbed never came off as a teenage angst band to me. Yea, they curse once in a while, but their lyrics are no where near as horrible as Slipknot's. Disturbed are a good hard rock/nu-metal band. Most metal fans dont like them because they are popular and are kinda nu-metalish, but I still think they have some good songs.

Yea, way to make me look totally close minded about the new Evergrey. Unless this is how you feel about it. Look at the other MMA thread. I praised the album when I first heard it. Then I gave it about 7 or 8 decent listens and it really isnt doing anything to me. And like I said, I enjoy the new Disturbed more than I enjoy this at the moment, hopefully it will grow on me and I will change my mind.

Oh,jesus,give it up!

SLipknot lyrics are like what you said,yeah,sure,but its got nothing to do with TEENAGE ANGST!!
Its anger,yeah,emotions,yees,but its nothing like those "oh,im feeling so down,please help me" shit!! Its all a big "fuck you" to all that crap! putting them in a NU-metal base is simply plain stupid.

how about disturbed then? "oh no ,mommy,please don't hit me again"!???
LOL!

and why the hell should I care what you think of MMA!? I don't care if you like it or not. I like it.even though its they're worst album,its still good.

Remember guys this is a thread for REVIEWING MMA ... not bashing Slipknot ... or Disturbed ..or whoever. As i posted:

"........no critisising someone else's review, no arguments forming over people's opinions and no claiming that your opinion is the exact correct one and that everything else is wrong. Its pathetic......"

As for Slipknot - i respect Vol 3 as it's a bit more mature than previous albums .... just got bored of them now really.

As for Disturbed - definately great compared with Slipknot

anyways.....
LETS GET BACK ON TOPIC NOW! :loco:

Tomodo said:
Remember guys this is a thread for REVIEWING MMA ... not bashing Slipknot ... or Disturbed ..or whoever. As i posted:

"........no critisising someone else's review, no arguments forming over people's opinions and no claiming that your opinion is the exact correct one and that everything else is wrong. Its pathetic......"

As for Slipknot - i respect Vol 3 as it's a bit more mature than previous albums .... just got bored of them now really.

As for Disturbed - definately great compared with Slipknot

anyways.....
LETS GET BACK ON TOPIC NOW! :loco:

hehe,good point:lol:

sorry,Etenral metal,I guess we just have different point of views about slipknot/disturbed lyrics. no point arguing about it....won't change anything anyway:p

Anyway,MMA is good:) Its a grower.