Modded DAW's

lanky noob

Jan 13, 2012
The shire, UK
Any of you guys modded your daw at all?

Here's the mods on my logic gui - more accurate meters with the tracking sweet spot highlighted, and a general change of colours :)

Screen%20shot%202013-05-28%20at%2014.16.49.png

I tried the reaper white imperial them. And while it looks like the most badass interface in the world, I'm just so used to the stock template that I reverted back to it. I can do everything 1000 times quicker

I tried the reaper white imperial them. And while it looks like the most badass interface in the world, I'm just so used to the stock template that I reverted back to it. I can do everything 1000 times quicker
Same here haha. I feel so awkward without using the Reaper 3.x theme.

Yeah the imperial theme is candy looking but not as practical, but I haven't tried it with a dual screen.

Reaper is moddable out of the box, I tried a few things, but I'd rather stick to the official theme for practical reasons. I mainly chose its behaviour for me (like, clicking on the lower part of an item splits it, while on the upper part just selects it, so I can edit without a single keystroke)

I tried the Imperial theme, it looks good on dual 24" monitors but it's too busy/messy, I keep coming back to the EXO2 theme (with a crap load of custom buttons and some actions)

I agree with the Imperial theme. It was just too distracting. I also like the focus theme. It was intended to be functional more than anything. I made some changes to it to make it better for my editing workflow. here's what it looks like now.
5orrpx.png

I use Pro Tools, so no. I can't mod anything. And I don't really know if I would, since I bounce around to different studios. That Logic layout sure looks nice though!

I put the meters after the chrome mod like you say and i get the meters in silver...:guh:

Are they actually silver or jsut a weird grey?

If it's grey go to preferences and switch the meter reading thingy I forget what it's called.

I followed this video to do it :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I was gonna go with that one, but the colour of the inserts is fucking horrible imo :lol:

Plus the gaps between the meter levels Does my head in when it's more than very slightly noticeable