THE MODDED WINDSOR IS HERE! (Clips+Pix)

lolzgreg

Cereal Shipping Sneapster
Dec 17, 2008
Long Beach, New York
All of you guys who have been curious about my Friedman Modded Peavey Windsor:

Modded%20Windsor.jpg

Here's that song Ola posted and backing tracks that Ermz mixed. NO processing aside from a highpass and lowpass on the mixer:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1569935/Really Brootal Tonez.mp3

It is EVERYTHING I love about a Marshall and NOTHING I hate about them.

Overall:
Windsor: $250
Upgraded Mercury Magnetics Transformers+Choke= $700
New Platinum Matched Tubes: $150
One-Off Friedman Windsor Mod: $500
New Headshell: $360
(shipping is included in all of this, by the way).

$1960 dollars overall.

And before you go out and ask me "why didn't you just buy a Marshall and call it a day?"

a. This sounds better than any Marshall I've played.
b. I am the only owner of this amp in the entire world, and it will bring me reamping business.
c. I don't always follow the crowd, as you've noticed by now.

Sounds great dude! I'm gassing for Dave's Marsha amp bad! Is this mod based off the brown eye?

-Joe

This is actually a custom one-off mod. I have no idea what Dave did to this, but it doesn't sound much like a Windsor. This thing is super tight. The gain is by no means over the top, but if you run a hot boost in front of it (which I did for this clip), you're in fire-breathing territory.

Dang, that's one classy headshell! :headbang: Digging the tone, too!

Thanks man. I think this is an instant winner. I plugged it in and nearly shat myself. It's THAT awesome. I have so many great amps now, my G.A.S. is nearly cured.

Sounds good Greg! Would love to hear it in a full mix.

And btw. have you ever thought about adding a Krank to your arsenal? Like a Rev+ ? ;)

Sounds like a Marshall head should sound like, and then some.

Awesome tone and also great playing! Cool riffs on your original composition.

Can I haz clip without low-pass and hi-pass please; I'm missing some lower freqs for my taste :)

It looks the shizzle though; fucking awesome.

really nice on the lower notes but also sounds a bit fizzy? Guess a bit of eq would sort that though...