Moderate Drinking

Jesus, good thing you don't live near me

We have bars out here that will make your drinks and serve it to you in a mason jar for $4.50.

4-5 of these and even I can't stand up straight. But that NEVER stops me from karaoke!

Long islands, amaretto sours, and lovely ladies <3

everything is better drank from a mason jar

How does one answers this question...

moderate drinking is VERY important, but moderation is different from person to person...
I can tell you from my experience that I really enjoy drinking, but I always try to drink for fun in social events and have that fun-buzz feeling you get from alcohol and never to
the point where I puke or pass out or get up in the morning still with my boots on,
and with no recollection of the previous night... I hate that, and it's not healthy for your brain or body...
Sure some nights when you're having a good time with your friends you get wasted, but try to recognize your body and know when to say no to that last bottle of beer or that last glass....

same here, no way that shit isn't linked to genetics.
My dad (and his dad too) used to be a raging alcoholic. He quit when I was really young but over the years he'd start up again and eventually quit, and it's a typical pattern for him now. He just can't seem to kick it permanently, although I've seen him go for multiple years without drinking before on a couple occasions.

Anyways, the point is I rarely drink. I NEVER drink alone at home, maybe a beer or two on occasion, but I've never gotten hammered by myself at home. I usually only drink when I'm out with friends, which isn't nearly as much as I am home (although after finishing this post and reading again, I've HAVE been going out and drinking a lot more lately the past few months haha). I definitely don't buy the genetics thing. I'm pushing 30 now and I think if it were in my genes to become an alcoholic, I'd have shown some signs already.

I think it's easy for some people to believe (if only even subconsciously) the genetics excuse and just assume that it's in their blood to be a drunk and blame their problems on that built-in excuse. However, I also believe the mind is stronger than the body and that if you don't want to be an alcoholic, even though "it runs in the family", there are ways to overcome it. You just have to want it and not be convinced that it's your fate to be an alcoholic.

Every single person on my dad's side of the family has a drinking problem. Even my 85 year old grandmother. Family Reunions are gong shows.

I however, don't drink that much. I haven't been drunk in months, and I have no intention on doing so anytime soon. Not to say I don't enjoy a rye and ginger, rum and coke, a glass of wine, every night or two, but it rarely exceeds one or two drinks.

just thought I'd bump this thread, as I'm proud of myself.

So y'all know I got injured pretty badly a few weeks back, well ever since then I've been sober. 3 weeks completely sober! (well, okay, I had one beer yesterday, and one beer last wednesday, but that's not even a buzz).

I gotta tell you other drunkards too, it's worth the struggle to stay clean. I feel a lot better - my mind is a lot sharper, my body feels lighter somehow, and my coordination is way up.

< / brag >

WE HAZ GOOD TASTES IN BOOZEs!!!!

Photo82.jpg

just thought I'd bump this thread, as I'm proud of myself.

So y'all know I got injured pretty badly a few weeks back, well ever since then I've been sober. 3 weeks completely sober! (well, okay, I had one beer yesterday, and one beer last wednesday, but that's not even a buzz).

I gotta tell you other drunkards too, it's worth the struggle to stay clean. I feel a lot better - my mind is a lot sharper, my body feels lighter somehow, and my coordination is way up.

< / brag >

congratz dude!

btw never had charles shaw, how does he taste?