Modern Day Guitar Heros'?

Chris Broderick - Jag Panzer
go to http://jagpanzer.com/frameset.htm and check out his videos, especially "Rondo Alla Turca" by Mozart
Roland Grapow - Masterplan(yeah, I know that he was with Helloween but he's in a better band now)
Jeff Waters - Annihilator
Pepper & Woody - Corrosion of Conformity, Down
Nuno - Extreme
Kelly Johnson - Girlschool
and since some named some older guys
Leslie West - Mountain
Jeff Beck
even though he's gone one of the most talented players ever Duane Allman - Allman Brothers, Derek and The Dominoes, Aretha Franklin, etc... could and pretty much did play any style he wanted. if your a guitar player and can get your hands on Duane Allman Anthology vols I & II give it a listen. you'll be surprised

Djm said:
Michael Romeo, closely followed by Arjen Lucassen. I know Arjen isn't a guitar 'hero' per se, but Ayreon is my favorite music to listen to, and I enjoy Arjen's guitar work a lot.

I forgot to mention Arjen, of course he's a guitar hero, his style is sort of a combination between Blackmore and Gilmore with a metal edge, he's awesome.

How about John Petrucci of Dream Theater? Seriously, if you haven't heard his material, prepare to be amazed...
And for some more commercial stuff, why not Adam Jones of Tool?

DiscipleOfPlato said:
How about John Petrucci of Dream Theater? Seriously, if you haven't heard his material, prepare to be amazed...
And for some more commercial stuff, why not Adam Jones of Tool?

:guh:

tool commercial?

anyway:

-buckethead
-shawn lane
-the great kat
-jeff loomis
-ammot bros