Modern Rock mix. Nickelbackish type song

Mesa4x12er

Jan 5, 2008
So I just got done mixing this song for some friends of mine. This is one of those dirty nickelback type songs. Any criticism welcome. Also which do you prefer? Mix 1 or 2? Thanks guys.

Small changes.

Last edited by a moderator:
holy shit, sounds incredible! have more songs or facebook?

sounds like produced by nickelback

amazing!

:worship:

ps: any chance of sharing that snare sample?

So I just got done mixing this song for some friends of mine. This is one of those dirty nickelback type songs. Any criticism welcome. Thanks guys.

Last edited by a moderator:
The drums could be a bit more present in my ears. Guitars and Vocals are so huge and drums sound a bit more in background..ore a bit more air/hi end to the hole mix coould do this? anyway.. nice vocals :)

The drums could be a bit more present in my ears. Guitars and Vocals are so huge and drums sound a bit more in background..ore a bit more air/hi end to the hole mix coould do this? anyway.. nice vocals :)

Yeah I agree. The final mix I sent out is more open on top. Thanks for the tips!

I love how thick and gainy is the guitar tone without being muddy or fizzy

what's the guitar chain?

Gibson Les Paul > Fulltone OCD > 2 ch. Mesa Dual Rectifier > Mesa 4x12 > SM57/R121 > API 512c/Chandler TG2 > RME FF800

Really all you need to tame those highs is a good LP or a Pultec type EQ. UnEQ'd it's over the top no doubt. I still think they are a good bit overgained but I like it.

Awsome loving the vocals, What Modulation did you use in vocals? the bands im recording now looking for this kind of effect

I like the first mix A LOT! The second one doesn't sound as professional to me. :)

Very huge tone. I love it. Share the drum samples, man!

And I'd love to match EQ that guitar tone also so can I hear a second of raw guitar tracks? :D

Can you share any info on the snare? What samples do we listen to?

It's the kit snare blended with a Slate snare. It's the 12A if I'm not mistaken. If you don't already own them I'd suggest grabbing them. I've never had a time I couldn't find what I was looking for in Steven's stuff and the newest offering is just ridiculously good and offers even more options.

I like the first mix A LOT! The second one doesn't sound as professional to me. :)

Very huge tone. I love it. Share the drum samples, man!

And I'd love to match EQ that guitar tone also so can I hear a second of raw guitar tracks? :D

Thanks man! The 2nd mix was after a bunch of revisions for one of the member's of the band. I agree that I like the first one although I like it more with the high shelf I added for the final. Sounds pretty much the same but less congested.

I'll make you a bounce of the guitars too.