Mono

Oh man I hope I see some lesbian boobies today. I mean, I hope that Mono CD shows up today.

just ordered this:

Explosions In The Sky couldn’t have chosen a better band name for themselves. Their music soars, filled with atmospheric guitar lines, marching drums and elegiac melodies that ignite into walls of noise. Explosions In The Sky build sweeping soundscapes that offer increasingly spectacular vistas…
Cinematic and evocative, listening to Explosions In The Sky is an incredibly moving experience, taking the listener on magical flights of musical fancy. Rolling and undulating drum beats and solid bass build the background for mesmerising guitar work which all works together to astonishing effect. The build-up will either drag out to the point where it feels like the listener’s heart will jump out of their chest from anticipation …or the finale breaks like a devastating tidal wave of sound.
What sets Explosions In The Sky apart from other instrumental-rock bands, such as Godspeed You! Black Emperor for example, is that the music comes from only four instruments. Their incredible sound is made by only two guitars, bass and drums – the rock basics.
Although this is the debut UK release for Explosions In The Sky, this is in fact their second album. Their first record was released in the US on the Temporary Residence label and was only available on import in the UK. They came to be signed to the label thanks to the guys in The American Analog Set. The band sent in a cassette with a note attached that read: “THIS TOTALLY F**KING DESTROYS!” Not surprisingly, the label agreed…

lizard said:
the mono just arrived (I accidentally selected my work address for shipping).

I'm listening to track one now and seriously, this is the biggest pile of dreck I've heard in a long time. Rather resembling something to be scraped from the bottom of a shoe moreso than listened to....

ahaa wrong again.

this is a band seriously in love with distortion and possessing the ability to channel it into the aforementioned emotional channels...I'm just over seven minutes in and am already seriously in love with this disc. In fact my pants are no doubt appearing rather tent-like (but that could just be because the lesbian ex-cubemate is wearing an extremely tight sweater today, all the better highlighting her rather impressive chestage).

The breasts appear to be rather saucily bouncy, alluring in their undeniable femininity, the sexuality lurking beneath a not-so-demure embrace of naughty activities rather outside the box (pun intended) of the red states' moral compass....

errrr.....

mono track two -

:lol: :headbang:

This is some beeeeeyoooooooootiful music. Oooh and that loud part is about to hit I think.... wait for it.......... wait for it............ GAH! There it is!!

Halcyon is one of the most beautiful pieces I have ever had the pleasure to listen to. Simply astounding. I cannot say enough about it.

I wish they could make every song this good, as I find they are slightly hit or miss. But when they hit, oommmggggggg....

Has anyone heard the new Mogwai? They played some tunes from it tonight and I was very impressed.

mogwai-mr_beast_copy1.jpg

Dick Sirloin said:
Has anyone heard the new Mogwai? They played some tunes from it tonight and I was very impressed.

mogwai-mr_beast_copy1.jpg
I downloaded it as a sample of listening to the band.. had no idea it wasn't released at the time though:S Anyways, it is very good I find, and a lot more rockier then every other song i have heard by them.

Doomcifer said:
When is it due out??

release: April 11, 2006 (CD / 2 x LP / North America)
Temporary Residence Limited / TRR98
will release: April 10, 2006 (CD / 2 x LP / Europe)
will release: March 27, 2006 (CD / 2 x LP / UK)
will release: March 15, 2006 (CD / Korea)
pastel music / PMCD2010
will release: March 15, 2006 (CD / Japan)
human highway records / HECY-1024

There's also the coverart and one mp3 sample on the Mono website. Mono are by far the most important 'post rock' act to me, so I'm eagerly looking forward to purchasing the new album as well.