Montreal anyone?

Moobaa

Jul 6, 2005
Burlington VT USA
Is anyone going to the montreal show at the medley on the 29th? i just got my ticket in the mail... its gonna be friggin awesome, im driving up from burlington vt.

what kind of setlist are they doing for the north america tour?

I'll be there! Me, my brother and my cousin are all driving from Ottawa to see the show. They'll play there new stuff, plus most likely some stuff from deliverance, damnation and blackwaterpark. I really hope they play some MAYH songs!

:headbang: I'M THERE!!! (I'll be meeting Rensei there, also from these forums) I got my tickets in the mail like a month ago or so....

Hey Exil On, this'll be MY 5th time seeing the band as well. HELL YEAH!
I'll be driving a whole 7 or so hours by bus to see them in Montreal from London.

I've seen them ONCE in Toronto (opera house) and 3 times in Detroit (at Harpos). For my 5th time, we figured we had to do something a little different...

...so yeah, can anyone tell me a bit about the Medley? Is it a HUGE venue? I saw pics from the outside and it looks fucking great. Man, I also can't wait to check out Montreal, this'll be a GREAT time.

I checked out people's posts on past setlists in America, and I just hope they play these songs;

The Moor
Bleak
&
When

As long as they'll play those, I'll be 100% fucking happy. Oh, and if IT'S true Opeth'll play GoP at the Medley, then OMG, that'll be like 150% as far as I'm concerned.

The Medley is quite big yes, but nothing really phenomenal. I think it has a capacity of around 1500 people, which is quite a lot but at such a number, the placed is packed and it's almost hard to move. The sound is usually very good though.
Anyway, check for yourself: http://www.medley.ca (English link top-right corner)

Alcapoth said:
:headbang: I'M THERE!!! (I'll be meeting Rensei there, also from these forums) I got my tickets in the mail like a month ago or so....

Hell yeah!! I simply can't wait!! Opeth + Nevermore + Montreal = :devil:

Been a massive fan since the release of Blackwater Park, can't believe I'll see them live for the first time!

and here's my wishlist:

Ghost of Perdition
The Grand Conjuration
Reveries/Harlequin Forest
Windowpane
Hope Leave
The Drapery Fall
Harvest
The Moor
Demon of the Fall

fuck that put them all!!!

Are pelican the support for this show. Too be honest they arent good enough to be an instrumental band. Their music just doesnt have the right atmospheric feel too it. Its just like a normal 'extreme' band without vocals. Not as good as the likes of Mogwai or Godspeedyoublackemperor.

affinityband said:
Are pelican the support for this show. Too be honest they arent good enough to be an instrumental band. Their music just doesnt have the right atmospheric feel too it. Its just like a normal 'extreme' band without vocals. Not as good as the likes of Mogwai or Godspeedyoublackemperor.

No, Nevermore will and I'm glad they do.

ill be there too.. usually at the very front screaming dumb shit like "nice hair mendez"

ahahahha god bless alcohol

Woah, quite a few from here will be at the montreal show. Hey, it'd be cool if alot of us could meet up - I mean, we're all from UM and all, hehe.

Anyway, I'll be the guy HOPEFULLY wearing a still life shirt (if I find it.)

And Rensei, haha, I kinda hope they don't play The Drapery Falls and maybe play The Moor instead, because 4/5 times I saw them they played that song. But, I know this will be your first opeth show, so...hehe. But whatever, if they do, no biggie; it will ALWAYS be an amazing track.

yea i go to alot of shows in montreal.. ottawas scene isnt that great.. however there is a great show the night after opeth

Cryptopsy
Suffocation
Despised Icon
Aborted

WOOHOOO!! :)