Montreal

All complaining about crowds aside, Opeth was spectacular. I noticed that there are a few videos from the show up on YouTube already. The quality is not bad at all, but they don't come close to doing it justice. It truly was a superb performance. :kickass:
I understand that some who have been to many Opeth shows over the years probably notice the crowds getting younger, louder, pushier, etc. I guess that just comes with growing popularity, and the larger fan base that is associated with that popularity.
As for myself, I would gladly take the whole experience over and over and over again. An amazing show!
Thanks Opeth for coming back to North America before you take a well-deserved break. Cheers!

Well, I'm not gonna say I didn't go 'cos I hated the crowd last may...but the Medley is too small for a band like Opeth.
I'm the kind of guy that skips the opening acts and arrive just in time for the headliner. I usually can find a good spot on the floor, near the back and I'm fine with it....but that wasn't the case last time. the floor was jammed packed, with people trying to get to the bar anyway they could. I never had 2 minutes of just concentrating on the band and the music. Always got pushed around throughout.
So I thought, if they come back, with the popularity of Watershed ('cos it wasn't out yet in may '08) they have to play a bigger venue, right?...Wrong! so fuck it! I wanna enjoy a show, not just say I was there! The Metropolis is bigger, and has a floor that can accomodate more people, why not play there? The freaking Verdun Auditorium would have been ok too! Why the Medley? I've seen them there 3 times already, and it gets smaller every time!

Because the Medley is a great venue with kick ass acoustics, where would you rather they play? the bell center? the majority of places in Montreal have terrible acoustics and are overpriced (I.E: The Bell Center). The Medley is one of the best venues in Montreal eod.

Well no, not the Bell Center. The Metropolis. Porcupine Tree also outgrew the Medley and have since switched to Metropolis. It's bigger, and there is a better crowd flow on the floor.

I will finally come out of lurk mode to say yes, I will be there. Also, am I the only member on the board from Vermont, USA?:erk:

Hey, I'm from Vermont! I saw Opeth in Montreal the last time they were at Le Medley (when they took time to headline in between ProgNation shows -- the band "3" opened for them). I then saw them recently at the House of Blues in Boston. We have a bunch of people down here in the Rutland area who are Opeth fans. It would be great to get them to play at Higher Ground some time.

All right, a fellow Vermonter! :kickass:
I think we VT Opeth fans are few and far between. Having them play at Higher Ground would be surreal, to say the least. I missed the Cynic show there a couple of weeks ago and am still kicking myself over it.

All right, a fellow Vermonter! :kickass:
I think we VT Opeth fans are few and far between. Having them play at Higher Ground would be surreal, to say the least. I missed the Cynic show there a couple of weeks ago and am still kicking myself over it.

Hello, Vermonter! I went to the Buckethead show last Thursday with my Opeth shirt on. Talked to another Opeth fan after the show, and another person shouted to me that he was an Opeth fan. Were either of these you? I wonder if we could start a Vermonters for Opeth group. If Opeth wouldn't play at Higher Ground, then maybe Mikael could just do a one-man acoustic guitar and vocals show at the smaller stage - wouldn't that be something?