Moonlapse Vertigo... live?

Yeah on of my fave Opeth songs. I would love to see it live.
I did read a few years ago that they don't like playing it live coz it's very technical and difficult to pull off. Mikael even stated that the studio didnt turn out like hed hoped (I am not sure where I read this).

The live vid posted in this thread sounds grefat!!

They better play some SL.

At the PN gig in NYC someone shouted to play The Moor but Mike responded saying
"The Moor, I don't think were going to play that again"

Hopefully a lame joke, maybe they'll surprise us and play it during the fall tour.

Idc, I just want a SL song... Moonlapse would be ideal as it is my favorite from SL.

Whoa, I never knew they've played "Moonlapse Vertigo" live... cool. It means that "Still Life" is the only Opeth album (ex. "Damnation", of course) which was played live entirely.

But goddamn... why so many "Godhead's Lament" and "White Cluster" and so little "The Moor"??? I think it's one of the best (if not THE best) Opeth songs ever. It should be in every set-list... I have no idea why they doesn't play it so often.

Mikael even stated that the studio didnt turn out like hed hoped (I am not sure where I read this).

Wasn't this My Arms Your Hearse? I heard that Mikael originally liked the Still Life production, and was very happy with it at first, before it began to grate on him (LOTS of reverb).

They played Moonlapse Vertigo on the 2nd night in Melbourne. It destroyed. They opened with Ghost then went almost straight into Moonlapse as it finished, it was fairly godly.

Whoa, I never knew they've played "Moonlapse Vertigo" live... cool. It means that "Still Life" is the only Opeth album (ex. "Damnation", of course) which was played live entirely.

Think Mikael said that they have played almost all of orchid and morningrise too

errr sorry i meant tour after ghost revs...forgot about prognation. the same tour the above youtube vid is from.
Then I guess I have seen it played since 2000. I feel kinda sad that I don't even remember it. But I have to say, most of my favorite Opeth songs have substantial acoustic parts (overtop of the electric, mmmm), and that just doesn't translate well live.