Morbid Angel enter studio

Fuck yes!!
I'm crossing my fingers for this one!
Morbid Angel have always developed their sound further for every album (not talking about production), so I'm very curious to see what direction they are going this time.

yeah, the only thing that i'm worried about is that trey and tim yeung have said that there is going to be a hardcore (electronic) influence/ electronic instumentals. And tbh what i've heard of hardcore is complete and utter shit, unless it's just americans just calling everything electronic techno.

yeah, the only thing that i'm worried about is that trey and tim yeung have said that there is going to be a hardcore (electronic) influence/ electronic instumentals. And tbh what i've heard of hardcore is complete and utter shit, unless it's just americans just calling everything electronic techno.

Well it could be just to create hype, but if there actually was that influence I would be glad to hear it, I always applaud innovation in bands with 14 millions albums already in their catalog.

Tim yeung doing drums should be strange, Sandoval has such a different style IMO than Yeung's super tight mechanical playing, both are totally awesome but really different, this will be interesting. Looking forward to it

Yeah definately, its not that it has electronic influence. I don't think there is any chance of it being a rehash. But he specifically mentioned hardcore. Case and point \/

And also that song "Nevermore" sounded very domination-y. And as much as i liked domination for what it was, I wouldn't want another one.

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree. Domination is an incredible album, but no my favourite MA album. That has to be Formulas, but I don't want another Formulas either. Like Danlights said, I'm hoping for innovation.

im skeptical since david vincent has returned.

I'm sceptical because it's not 1990 anymore...

Nah, I quite like Formulas and Gateway (except for the bad drum samples) but I always preferred the first two and thought Covenant and Domination were shit.

Vincent's recent vocals blow pretty hard.

it's not even his vocals (even though his vocals fucking suck,) it's just his entire attitude towards music, so fucking closed off from the possibilities of doing anything even remotely fucking interesting.
it's no coincidence that he left and all of a sudden morbid angel became a mindfuck.

i love me some straight up death metal, but morbid angel are one of those bands that always sounded like they were trying to break free of the limitations of just playing straight forward riffs, then vincent leaves and they all of a sudden start playing some of the craziest death metal ever? no fucking coincidence.

also a bit gutted pete sandoval wont be playing drums on this, i love that guy. drumming could still be really awesome though. time shall tell.

generally remaining fairly pessimistic about how this is going to turn out, but who knows, it could end up being amazing, and i hope it is.

This thread deserve some music . To me gateways to annihilation is the best MA album so far.
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7hpDI1E335c&feature=related[/ame]

for anyone interested, here's a video of Tim Yeung tracking a new MA song. Sound is shit from the video camera.

Last edited by a moderator: