Morbid Angel - Illud Divinum Insanus new album discussion.

To be honest I expected a terrible return - it's a shame that a band that produced master pieces such as "Altars..." & "Blessed.." have to resort to a sham effort trying to "add dimension" to their music. It just sounds to me like they could come up with nothing of any valid quality so they panicked and recorded anything and then just released it hoping it would come off as something clever.

Ahahahahaha, this album rocks. It's the perfect music for trolling everyone with one-sided expectations about death metal.

It's not exactly 'good', but it's certainly unique. It's like a fucked-up new kind of antimusic.

You guys all need to chill teh fux out and rock out to this shit.

fucking party death metal.

FOR THE HATREEEED... OF MORBID ANGEEEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

It's so unconventional for the most like strictly conventional genre of music ever. It makes heads asplode

whoever gives it a 1% on m-a is a silly fool

Load sucks, Reload sucks, St.Anger sucks and so does this. Not because all of those albums aren't metal but because they're all half assed, lazy, passionless, uninspired, piles of shit made entirely for commercial purposes.

I do not consider Load a great album, but I don't see the justification for calling IDI a "greater evil". Load is pretty damned homogeneous and I have a hard time sitting through all of it because it gets so repetitive by the end. My first impression of IDI is that it has enough interesting ideas in each song to make it worth hearing out.

Something that has annoyed me for the longest time now is the level of artistic conservatism in extreme metal, so it amuses me that this album has been categorically dismissed by tr00 metalheads without anyone for a second being like "Oh wait, this album isn't what I expected it to be. Maybe I am not actually in a position to judge it." So many of you guys are analogous to religious zealots in that the last thing you want in your realm of experience (in this case musical experience) is something you don't understand.

I think you all should just have a few good drinks/tokes/whatever and try listening to this album again with less assuming ears. I'm not saying it's a great album or anything, but I think there's a little more to it than just "pop trash", and I definitely think it has potential that can be expanded upon.

Several extreme metal acts have changed their sound with better results, imo. Dødheimsgard, Amorphis, The Kovenant, and Ulver come to mind. The embarrassingly low-brow lyrics are what turned me off the most. I actually love industrial/goth rock, but the lyrics sound like they were written by a 10 year old.

Yeah i'm not quite sure what to make of the lyrics, haha. Most of them seem like garbage, but every now and then there's some hilariously absurd shit like the chanting of "We are your new religion... no religion!" that is actually kind of clever on some level.

First week sales figures were released for Illud Divinum Insanus. According to blabbermouth it sold 3,600 copies - 300 less than Heretic's opening week.

The embarrassingly low-brow lyrics are what turned me off the most. I actually love industrial/goth rock, but the lyrics sound like they were written by a 10 year old.

i dunno what you're talking about man.

"Cause we've been crossing the line since 1989
We're moving the world
Because our power is a shining
Sick groove with fucking magic to prove that
The radicals are here to stay!"

"Our beats down
One step close to the fiery end
Just take another dose of our insane world
It all gets better
Feel next to nothing 'til we drop it again"

i mean, those lyrics are deep. or maybe they're just TOO EXTREME for you?