Morbid Angel - Illud Divinum Insanus new album discussion.

Track listing.....

1."Omni Potens"
2."Too Extreme!"
3."Existo Vulgoré"
4."Blades for Baal"
5."I Am Morbid"
6."10 More Dead"
7."Destructos Vs. the Earth / Attack"
8."Nevermore"
9."Beauty Meets Beast"
10."Radikult"
11."Profundis - Mea Culpa"

This basically puts the nail in the coffin for me. I thought some of the song titles were a joke at first.

is_this_real_life.avi

The music better make up for this shit.

http://truecultheavymetal.com/blog1...-angel-ilud-divinum-insanus-exclusive-preview

1. 'Omni Potens (intro)'
A keyboard-based intro heralds the start of the eagerly-awaited new Morbid Angel album with a medieval twist that could have well been pulled from ‘Blessed Are The Sick”. Intended, says Vincent, to “set a dark and ominous mood” before the guitar kicks in. The first inkling of an industrial direction comes roaring out of the speakers, a preview of what’s coming next. For better for worst.

2. 'Too Extreme'
If few moments on ‘Ilud Divinum Insanus’ are bound to raise more than a few eyebrows, this is most of definitively one of them. Fusing extreme metal with weird robot riffing and a martial beat, à la Laibach, this is probably what Digby (Pearson, Earache boss) had in mind when releasing the ‘Hellspawn’ compilation back in 1998.

3. 'Existo Vulgore'
The first obvious Morbid Angel track. Fast and extreme, just the way we like. With a classic Trey Azagthoth solo too.

4. 'Blades Of Baal'
The first of two tracks that new guitarist Destructhor (ex-Zyklon) wrote. “This is one of the fastest on the record. I think (drummer and session member) Tim Yeung goes as fast as 260 BPM on that one,” says David. The video made available on YouTube last October of Tim in the studio was shot during the tracking of that song.

5. 'I’m Morbid'
Guess they didn't have Tom G Warrior in mind when thinking about that title track (R U Morbid anyone?)? But this is bound to be Wacken or Hellfest’s next official anthem. Built upon a spontaneous “Morbid! Morbid! Morbid” crowd chant, recorded during one of the band most recent European tours, its lyrics (“We stand invincible not just a dream/Straight from the underground/The gods are screaming”) are like a call to arms. If there's ever a successful ‘mainstream’ death metal song, this is the it.

6. '10 More Dead'
Also composed by Destructhor and based on the same kind of sludgy crawling as 'Where The Slime Lives', Vincent describes this one as “another really heavy song with full-on seven-stringed guitar”. This even has a classic thrash break in the middle.

7. 'Destructos Vs. The Earth/Attack'
Back to the techno, or least Morbid Angel’s definition of it. Big beats and all, with some kind of childish backing vocals. An almost, wait for it, danceable tune, with sci-fi lyrics. No wonder EBM Norwegian superstars Combichrist have agreed to remix it for the B-side of the forthcoming ‘Nevermore’ 7”, to be released a month prior to the album.

8. 'Nevermore'
You probably know this one already, as the band have been playing it since summer 2008. Once again, classic Morbid Angel to the bone; fast and furious. The first track written for the album and the first one brought on the table by Azagthoth when the band decided to work on a new record.

9. 'Beauty Meets Beast'
Though this is another heavy monster, when asked if it is the band first openly sexual song (“Oh beautiful child/Come to me moist/I’m the great connoisseur”), Dave answers with a smile and says; “It’s about it time don’t you think?”.

9. 'Radikult'
The album’s sore thumb. Even if Dave says he was influenced by “Dutch hardcore techno, you know gabba” for this one and that in the end, “it’s just extreme music”, it’s hard to know what the Ancient Ones would think of such lyrics as “We’re banging hardcore radical/Maniacal and animal”. This sounds like an unreleased Genitorturers’ track, Dave’s old White Zombie-inspired band, where he played alongside his wife Gen. In the worst case, Marilyn Manson rip-off accusations will fly faster than body parts. If one track on ‘Ilud Divinum Insanus’ is most likely to crystallise the controversy, this is it.

10. 'Profundis – Mea Culpa'
Back to the 'ominous' synth-empowered symphonic vibe of the 'Omni Potens' intro, yet this time with über-weird guitar work by Trey and another martial tempo that all of a sudden switches into overdrive mode. A controversial way to end a controversial album? Definitely!

That's it, I propose that we stop caring about the new Morbid Angel album and start hyping the new Autopsy album instead. If they can produce something like their new EP it will be album of the year material.

This album might actually offer a good laugh or two.

I'm also kinda curious to hear what morbid angel sounds like with 'industrial' stylistics.

Well, I for one will try to not decide on what I think of the album before I have heard it. What I can say however is that the titles of the songs arent very impressive. But then again they havent always been in the past either.

That writeup from Terrorizer is a bit lame.
Still, it sounds like I will be pleased with about 4 of the tracks and really pissed off at the rest. If they have turned into complete pussies as the preview suggests, than they should have just stayed retired.

After reading the track-by-track preview I'm not really sure what to think. I am definitely curious to hear what this actually sounds like though.