Morbid angel

Filth and Disgust

New Metal Member
Jan 28, 2006
I don't suppose anyone here liked morbid angel? I used to like them in the early 90's, then tuned my music taste a little more down as I got older.

During my try to get into death metalphase, I recorded some of their videos from MTVbut never really got into them (or any other DM band for that matters :lol: )

Sodom - 'Blasphemer'

Filth and Disgust said:
I don't suppose anyone here liked morbid angel? I used to like them in the early 90's, then tuned my music taste a little more down as I got older.

Liked? Not only did I like them I still do! I personally feel Heretic is Genuis! But I love all Morbid Angel :D

I like all of MA's work, but agree their older stuff is better. I purchased Entangled in Chaos, late last year, after never being able to find it, and listening and borrowing my friends for years. I think it's damn near live album perfection, and I'm not that all of a live album guy.

Same purchase last year, I got Formulas Fatal to the Flesh, which was my least favorite MA title. The more I listen to this album the more I enjoy it, very good album that I just overlooked, stupidly, if I do say so myself.

SickBoy said:
I like their works up to D, the later albums aren't as good IMO.
Altars Of Madness is my fav and one of the best DM albums ever...
Yes, I love Altars of Madness. Blessed Are The Sick was alright and I need to get my hands on Covenant. The band got more groove-death metal oriented around Domination.

Covenant I find to be one of the 10 best DM albums ever, most of their early stuff is ridiculousl good as well. I like them post-Domination, not all do, but I do, if not I might even prefer it. In fact, Ageless, Still I Am is my favorite song by them off Gateways to Annihalation.

Pete I think is the most talented drummer in all metal. I think Roddy is more versatile as an all-around drummer of many styles, but Pete's blastbeats (ONE FOOTED double bass in particular) are just unjreal. That alone is enough to buy anything by MA.

See my signature for my stance on Trey, and did I mention David Vincent?

I also used to listen to Morbid Angel too.. But now I am not listening to it much. I don't know why but my favourite song is God of Emptiness from the Covenant album. For example I cannot bear Hypocrisy too. Also I was listening to it like 3-4 years ago. I think I slowed down a bit. I prefer rather power progressive, thrash etc stuff or more melodic death. Am I getting older? Nope.. I am only 24 now. And I listen to Accept , ACDC , Anathema , Amorphis , Angel Dust , Blind Guardian , Children of Bodom , Dark Tranquility , Dream Theater , Helloween , Helstar , Hypocrisy , Iron Maiden , Iced Earth , King Diamond , Kiss , Lacuna Coil, Lake Of Tears , Manowar , Megadeth, Mercyful Fate , Moonspell , Nevermore , Nightwish, Opeth, Orphaned Land , Pain of Salvation , Pantera, Rhapsody , Sentenced , Stratovarius , Sodom , Tankard , Testament, Theater of Tragedy, Within Temptation , Vanden Plas etc..

Altars was pretty classic Immortal Rites was just such a brilliant song but oddly enough my favourite album turned out to be Domination. Blessed are the Sick was my runner up album, lost interest in them after Gateways...

I liked everything they have put out so far. Definitley one of my favorite
american death metal bands. Call me nuts but Gateways To Annihilation
is my personal faves as of now. I liked their slower songs better.