More bands with challenging rythymn guitar parts?

SomeGuy

Jan 25, 2002
Visit site
Hi,

Woah, I havent posted here in like 2 years!

Im trying to improve my metal rythymn guitar playing.So Ive been learning lots of CoB.Can anyone reccommend any other bands with some hard rythymn parts?

Nothing too obscure please becasue Im gonna need to download it off Kazaa or something.

Thanks in advance!

I'd suggest you Slayer Of Light and Into The Battle from Ensiferum, both on their latest album, Iron. Try some to learn some rythms from Wintersun too.

Good rythm guitar IMO

Dark Tranquillity...things from The Mind's I has pretty cool rythm parts. i.e : Scythe, Rage & Roses and Zodijackyl Light.

Dream Theater and Opeth

Dream_Theater.jpg

and this guy should do the job too

19991109-megadeth1.jpg

Also, remember that your rhythm playing can be improved by listening and playingo other genres of music, like Ska, Funk and Reggae. I find the rhythm parts in those genres much more difficult than in metal, at least some, not all.

Here's one that is not hard but I find it to be a very easy warming up-tune, and it gets me prepared for more playing and such.. The whole song:

Finntroll - Trollhammeren

P.S. Don't try to learn it from a tab cause all the tabs I saw were wrong.

if you wanna hear similar rhythem guitar parts like bodom I highly suggest you check out my "similar bands" post on here, its a whole bunch of songs from their websites..

i would say learn some Dead of Night, Celestial Sorrow, or Frozen Paradise..

Wings of a dream said:
Dream Theater and Opeth

Dream_Theater.jpg

and this guy should do the job too

19991109-megadeth1.jpg

Also, remember that your rhythm playing can be improved by listening and playingo other genres of music, like Ska, Funk and Reggae. I find the rhythm parts in those genres much more difficult than in metal, at least some, not all.

Thats very true, beleive it or not I play in a Ska band aswell and have learnt a lot from it.Yeah Dave Mustaine is an amazing guitarist, some of the riffs on Rust in Peace are fucking hard to play!Especially the last track, 'Rust in Peace...Polaris', I still cant play the main riff right!

Cheers for the reccomendations guys, Ill probably check them all out.I got the Ensiferum tracks- whew, that guy is fast!!Not too interested in learning any Meshuggah tho as Ill have to tune down so much and I find a lot of their stuff really boring.The earlier stuff I can play a bit of though.

If you wanna learn some else than 4/4 measures filled with powerchord riffs try Dream Theater. Johns playing is A LOT different from all those other bands mentioned. Try sthg else than all these bands that only play 4/4.

Obviously all you need is a good thrash band (overkill, Exodus, Sacrifice, hirax, Sodom, ect...) And learn their songs. Because above all, thrash does have some of the best rythms and definately enough riffs to inflict sonic destruction and mayhem upon others.:headbang: