More Musical Madness (haha an alliteration)...Dredg

Soul of Ice

Rusted Angel
Jul 29, 2002
Yonkers
Visit site
I have known about this band for about 2 years now. Their first real album "Leitmotif" is an amazing album about the journey of a man searching for a cure for a disease he has contracted. He must seek enlightenment for this to occur.

It is a really good album with a concept that just blows me away. I would say the band sounds like nobody else. The band is real proggy in the musical composition and lyrics etc. Very different and very good. Leitmotif is a very raw sounding album but still showed the potential of the band for the future.

Well the future is now. The new album is called "El Cielo". Even though this album is more straightforward, it still has elements of the last album. One major improvement is the vocals (there is hardly any reverb on them any more, and everyone knows constant reverb is a tool of the weak). I have not digested the whole album yet but I believe it is about people and the trauma of their dreams. I would have gotten this album a lot sooner, had I known it came out!

One more interesting thing...they are on the interscope label. A band with actual talent is on this label, amazing.

Get "El Cielo" and "Leitmotif". It will probably be the most different thing you have ever heard in a while.

Hey SoI! Haven't seen you here in quite a while.

Listened to some samples and this band sounds quite interesting; however, I could swear I have heard the name "Dredg" somewhere before?

Yeah... The miracle of cyberspaceorstuffs.

I don't like the vocalist in Dredg, though. And the band name is kind of stupid. Actually they weren't as great as I first thought.