Dredg

Ragnaviper said:
Way too pretentious for my liking.

I have been hearing that argument more lately. I don't see it as a bad thing. If a band wants to tackle difficult concepts and especially if they succeed and make a great album, WHAT IS THE PROBLEM?!

Also, it is quite difficult for "pretentious" bands to get on MTV.

I define pretentious as "Ulver". :p

Ive been a HUGE dredg fan since their first cd, Leitmotif and El Cielo are theyre best works and blow CWOA out of the water but are just so much fun to listen to, really rock out to that shit.

edit: most down to earth band ever, i met them after a show, got a poster that i ripped off the wall signed with all of their personal little drawings next to the sigs and shook the guitarist's hand, all are great guys, them and opeth are the only bands i can say were just an outright joy to see live

i'm seeing them live on Tuesday in San Jose, California.

should be good, although the main reason i'm going to Taste of Chaos is for the Deftones.

An Elephant in the Delta Waves is one of the greatest interlude type songs ever.

Benighted1 said:
Hey while I was in the shop I saw another one of their albums with just a plain cardboard cover/case.. What is this album? Is it as good as El ceilo?
sounds like leitmotif to me...

not as good as el cielo...
more of an instrumental work...but good nonetheless...

"Walk in the Park" is one of the most beautiful pieces of music I have ever heard. The acoustic piano and oboe are very well-played. Written by Mark Engles the guitar player after a "dream" he had. This short "brushstroke" is off of "El Cielo."Peace.