More on the Overlorde SR and Overlorde potential lawsuit

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is so ridiculously stupid. There are literally thousands of metal bands with the same names who don't care. Ever hear of Pentagram (US), Pentagram (Chile), and Pentagram (Turkey)? Is Slayer going to be suing SA Slayer any time soon? What about Mayhem and Mayhem? All the Satan bands? The list just goes on and on and on. What about the 15 bands called Overlord? Anyone who would actually be buying Overlorde OR Overlorde SR records has enough information at their fingertips, and quite frankly already knows of both bands, to be able to tell the difference.

Below is a list of Overlorde members who have been in bands with the same name. I find it highly hypocritical that three of the four members show up in this list. Get something better to do guys, like creating more original names for your other bands.

Dave Wren

Persia- There was a band called Persia in ’87 in the UK.

Bobby Lucas

Exhibition- 4 Exhibitions listed in Metal Archives

Mark “M.E.” Edwards-

Breaker M.E.- Really Mark? You’re upset about Overlorde S.R. and you did the exact same thing? You are the worst hypocrite of all! You better be glad that the members of Breakers are not assholes.

Below is a list of Overlorde members who have been in bands with the same name. I find it highly hypocritical that three of the four members show up in this list. Get something better to do guys, like creating more original names for your other bands.

Dave Wren

Persia- There was a band called Persia in ’87 in the UK.

Bobby Lucas

Exhibition- 4 Exhibitions listed in Metal Archives

Mark “M.E.” Edwards-

Breaker M.E.- Really Mark? You’re upset about Overlorde S.R. and you did the exact same thing? You are the worst hypocrite of all! You better be glad that the members of Breakers are not assholes.

See, that's the thing... forget the fact that Overlorde SR isn't the same as Overlorde... it's the hypocrisy of this whole issue that's ridiculous. Mark Edwards, as I've said earlier, needs to get a life. He's beyond wacko on this one.

What happened to focusing on doing something positive for the metal scene (and for your own band) instead of being a "pretender" ?

I always thought him to be a bit "off", but this is absurd.

I can't wait to buy Overlorde SR's album even though I'm not familiar/not a fan when this all ends.

And then I can't wait to ilegally download anything Overlorde releases later... oh wait, chances are I won't have to, because it'll likely take another 22 years for them to release an album. And then they will pretend they're relevant again, and possibly sue Overlorde 2034. (it'll be 2034 by then...)

And then I can't wait to illegally download anything Overlorde releases later... oh wait, chances are I won't have to, because it'll likely take another 22 years for them to release an album. And then they will pretend they're relevant again, and possibly sue Overlorde 2034. (it'll be 2034 by then...)

Great quote, by then M.E. will be what 70 years old and still think he is relevant. Oh Wait we better stop all this talk about Overlorde(NJ) they may sue everyone who has spoken out against them. Quick everyone get a lawyer.

I really don't know M.E. personally aside from talking to him a couple of times at ProgPower and the UTPOM tour in NYC, which were spent having to listen to the history of Overlorde, telling me about the meaning behind some song he wrote (seriously?) and shamelessly hyping his one man show at the PPUSA luncheon last year. It just seems silly to go forward with legal action when the band is basically defunct. :rolleyes:

From what I know of Mark Edwards, he's just a wacked dude that's next to impossible to work with. IMO that's the reason this started in the first place.
This times 1000. That is why he has to rely on only little musical hand outs that good hearted souls like Glenn give him. Make an album? seriously, you jest. His last CD was picked up by some tiny Greek label that I think no longer exists.

Great quote, by then M.E. will be what 70 years old and still think he is relevant. Oh Wait we better stop all this talk about Overlorde(NJ) they may sue everyone who has spoken out against them. Quick everyone get a lawyer.

Yeah, Glenn should seriously consider not only locking this thread, but deleting it as well. I mean, there are not enough shifts at the hospital in the next 50 years for Glenn and Jen to pay off the lawsuits that M.E. will hit them with.:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: Hell, they may even have to cancel PP XIV.....NOOOOOO!:OMG:

Oh I wouldn't be surprised at all if he prints out this whole thread as part of his "case". My worst memory of last year was being awoken at 9am (after going to bed at 6am)by the "soundcheck" going on in the courtyard, seeing all the placards and postcards strewn all over the courtyard I couldn't help but think "what a tremendous waste of money"

If this would have been a strict discussion of the Overlorde situation, I would have left it open. However, I will not be brought into the discussion, even if in jest.

Thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.