More than just lyrics.......

Demonstealer

Jun 30, 2003
India
demonicresurrection.8m.com
Have been a fan of Katatonia for a while now and have always wanted to find out the stories/meaning behind alot of their song lyrics.
From the new album Evidence has my little brain running in circles trying to figure out what the song is actually about.

anyone got any juice on this?

there was some article or interview where Jonas told about the story behind each new song but I dont remember where I read it.. check out forums here (about him, lyrics or VE..)..

here it is:
http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=85251

"Evidence
This is my song, which is favorite song of many people. The lyrics are about two people that are meant to be together. They do something wrong together. At the end of the song they depart and one of them is being caugth. Once again realistic language describing abstract complex things."

I think some of their songs, like "I Am Nothing" or "Tonight's Music", are easy to understand, at least most of their parts. "Tonight's Music" is one of my all-time faves and I can very much identify myself with the lyrics of that song, as well as with a lot of others by Katatonia. That's one of the main reasons why I love them that much, the affecting lyrics together with the highly melancholic melodies...