Viva Emptiness Lyrics

I think exactly the same @Demonspell, however the concept presented by all the others seems to be likely as well...

I only have an unavoidable hunch Jonas and Co. will be having great time while reading some of our foolish interpretations. He misleads us all ;).
Score for him once again :) :worship:

yv said:
I only have an unavoidable hunch Jonas and Co. will be having great time while reading some of our foolish interpretations. He misleads us all ;).
Score for him once again :) :worship:

Hehe, I thought of it, too, while reading this thread :) Jonas the Babyface writing the lyrics for the album with a fake concept so that people can think it's a concept album :)

Still, I find the whole idea so convincing, I mean mourningstar's. So far I haven't read the lyrics of the songs as parts of a whole story, just thought about the individual songs, and that they were very personal (and of course I adapted them to my own feelings, as usual). What's good about the whole thing is that you can read the songs as parts of a story but as abstractions, too.

Exactly, you read my mind. ;)
This record is 3-sided (personal individuals, abstractions, concept story) :)
However, concept might not be intended. If you think about sth very often you may get obsessed with it... :headbang:

In the latest issue of Terrorizer Jonas states that Viva lyrically IS a concept. And that Omerta is about someone being poisoned to death and the sudden ending is just that. The death of the narrator as he puts it.

diospada said:
this album Is dark, and gives people a sense of helplessness, if I'm right.......... especially TRACK 8 one year from now....

No way. this is a great album and all, but if I were to say one thing that LFDGD had over VE, it would most definitely be the lyrics. VE is far less personal... WAY less personal than those of LFDGD, TD, and DO. I don't relate to themnearly as much. They are far from being nearly as dark as previous albums, but thank god his vocals are still amazing, and the music as awesome as well. I'm also thankful that I never put place too much importance over the lyrics of an album, even Katatonia, or else I probably would have been disapointed with VE.

I don't see how anyone could think these lyrics were darker or even more personal. That, in my own very personal opinion, would be a grossly inaccurate assertion.