More thoughts on the trash that is mallmetal

OpethChild23

New Metal Member
Oct 17, 2001
Whats up all my fellow metal heads!

Yes this topic must have been talked about before but I really need to get some shit off my chest. As all true metal heads know mallmetal is the cancer that grows and brainwashes society. Many times my friends mock and bitchslap all the stuff I listen too. For a general idea of what I listen to here are some bands I like, Opeth, Nevermore, Amon Amarth, Amorphis, Dark Tranquility, Anathema, Novembers Doom, My Dying Bride, etc. Now my friends say bands like Nevermore and Amon Amarth are 80's hairbands that have no talent so to speak at all. Well I felt mighty pissed off when they said shit like that. PLease, how could you call Amon Amarth 80's glam rock, I swear thats the most retarded thing I have ever heard. They say you got to listen to stuff thats way better then they list band names that just make me me laugh my ass off. Such band names they say are Slipknot (most hated band in my own perosnal opinion), Boy hits Car man that stuff is so gay sounding it's ridiculous, Drowning Pool, Distrurbed, Mudvayne, man if i say any more I'm gonna puke my guts out. See these mallmetal bands have brainwashed society to no end. And perfect examples of this group brainwashing is my friends. I pity that they are ordered to mock pure, raw talent. And imagine what our generation is gonna come too as all these poser ass bitches run our countries. Its a scary thought eh? These people who think if your 555 I'm 666 is one of the most badass quotes ever in a song they are going to be our future. It makes me worry that my kids are gonna have to deal with people like the mallmetal brigade. And it just gets worse folks, we also have to deal with teenybopper retards who listen to such gayass cheesiness as N*SHIT, and The Backseat Boys. The future looks grim for us true music fans and as Warrel would put it... " The media machine knows what to do. It knows how to feed the poison in you. Useless information in your useless little lives. The TV lies and pacifies.." Thats just my 2 cents on the crap that is mallmetal and mainstream "music". I'd like to hear your opinions...

I have a friend who is a devoted follower of Korn... I let him listen to Nevermore and he said "I don't like the guy's voice." And I said, "At least Warrel can sing...that dude from Korn couldn't carry a note in a two-ton bucket!"

How is it people are into Mudvayne and Slipknot but don't like Obituary? To me Obituary was heavier, yes, but Slipknot is and Mudvayne are gimmick bands. However, the bassist for Mudvayne is talented.

Bald Man

Originally posted by Hapexamendios
How is it people are into Mudvayne and Slipknot but don't like Obituary?
If Obituary was played on MTV 24/7 such as Mudvayne and Slipknot are, then more people would definatly like them. It's all about exposure. Most of the people out there aren't smart enough to look outside of the norm, or have that desire to experience new music, therefore not discovering some of the better bands out there.

Can this dead horse get beat anymore???? Who cares about Mall metal???? If you dont like it, yep, dont listen to it. As hard as it is to believe, people have different taste. I cant stand country music either but you dont hear me bitching about it. Get over it...............

I like a lot of "true metal" and yes, I like some "nu metal," and I think people who dismiss either genre out of hand are idiots.

Originally posted by OpethChild23

Now my friends say bands like Nevermore and Amon Amarth are 80's hairbands that have no talent so to speak at all.

:lol: That's the dummest thing I've heared in a while!!!
No Talent?? WTF!!!

Originally posted by Hapexamendios
I have a friend who is a devoted follower of Korn... I let him listen to Nevermore and he said "I don't like the guy's voice." And I said, "At least Warrel can sing...that dude from Korn couldn't carry a note in a two-ton bucket!"

How is it people are into Mudvayne and Slipknot but don't like Obituary? To me Obituary was heavier, yes, but Slipknot is and Mudvayne are gimmick bands. However, the bassist for Mudvayne is talented.

Bald Man
I'd just like to say that I am a devoted fan(follower sounds too strong) of both Korn AND Nevermore.I know Korn isn't exactly as talented or heavy as Nevermore or Opeth,but they do have some really good songs.However,Korn are one hell of a lot more talented than Limp Bizkit,Slipknot,Linkin Park,Mudvayne(who look totally killer but fail to write songs that interest me,they try to make all of their music mathmatical),etc.Jonathan Davis writes really emotional(not pissy whiny Staind emo-rock shit) and personal lyrics and Korn plays extremely loud,heavy,dark music-music w/ far more substance and feeling and quality that lots of the shit being produced nowadays................though I do find it incredibly ignorant that someone would say that Warrel Dane can't sing.THAT'S THE KIND OF CRAP I'D EXPECT A LIMP BIZKIT FAN TO SAY!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah it would be nice to make some new friends and all but where I live which is in the middle of nowhere people where I live have no idea who any of the bands I'm into are, the most underground band (they claim) is bands like Ill Nino (what a gay name), Soil (the only band who deserves "soil" in their name is SOilwork), and bunch of other random nu-metal crap. Yes I bitch and moan about how much nu-metal sucks goat balls, but I need to vent yah know. The only really tolerable bands in mainstream music is Tool, Alice in Chains, System of A Down, the list is very little in my mind. Hey I thought of a little game we could all play, how about any of you list a band that sucks and give your own metaphor on the band. And example would be....

Slipknot= 9 Neanderthalic, no talent ASS CLOWNS.

Mingle and discuss if you so choose, k take care all and keep true metal alive and well.

I hate people who love Korn and Slipknot yet dislike bands like Nevermore and others. It shits me off and just tells you that they have no appreciation for music and that they are just a bunch of fuckin' trendies.

Hell, I like many Nu Metal bands. Slipknot (one of my faves actually), Mudvayne, Korn, American Head Charge, Chimaira and Dry Kill Logic are all Nu Metal bands that I enjoy. But damn... trendies give me the shits.

Angel

Great suggestion. Will you be my friend? I'm a really cool guy. C'mon, I need some new friends.....:lol:

Anyway, it's nearly impossible to find people who listen to metal in Utah, especially in Provo. So, having a friend that at least liked old Megadeth and Metallica, and who actually introduced me to Fear Factory "Demanufacture" and Machine Head "Burn My Eyes" was a nice change of pace. He's a cool guy.

whats sad is that the people that got me into bands like in flames and iced earth, now like crap, they used to listen to good music but now they're "producer" told them if they want to be big they have to sounds more like bands such as disturbed and linkin park, but the funny thing is when the only real metal bands i liked were metallica and iron maiden, i listened to a lot of shit like slipknot and godsmack, etc, and they would always make fun of me for it, and now supposedly theyre fav bands are shit like slipknot, disturbed, linkin park, and mudvayne