Morgana Lefay suggestions?

DADRocks

Jul 14, 2006
Ok, Morgana Lefay, I know close to nothing about these guys. When I looked them up, man do they have a pretty long discography. Top 5 suggestions for these guys?

Grand Materia
Sanctified
Knowing Just I
Symphony of the Damned
Maleficium

The three albums put out under the Lefay name are good as well (one is a rerecording of the debut Morgana Lefay album).

You could save a bit of time in your initial experience and grab the last two (Aberrations of the Mind, Grand Materia) and then get the compilation of the earlier stuff (Fata Morgana).

Just going to add my voice in to everyone else's: Grand Materia and Aberrations Of The Mind are most recent and some of their best, but going back to Maleficium is recommended as well. I don't know what their setlists look like, but I'd expect a good spread around from many albums.

Pretty damn happy about this announcement. Never expected to see these guys (along with Dragonland and Falconer) in the States.

Knowing Just as I is my favorite, but really..... Lots of good albums from these guys. Personally, I don't care for the newest one ("Aberrations") nearly as much, as it seemed to just really simplify the formula too much. Hoping they have a new one before PP.....

Also, make sure to avoid the s/t album like the plague. It was a spinoff band while the rest continued under the name Lefay, and it is AWFUL. The Lefay albums (SOS, Seventh Seal) are both excellent though.

And yes, I've always thought that Morgana Lefay had a lot in common with early Savatage.

Just going to add my voice in to everyone else's: Grand Materia and Aberrations Of The Mind are most recent and some of their best, but going back to Maleficium is recommended as well. I don't know what their setlists look like, but I'd expect a good spread around from many albums.

Pretty damn happy about this announcement. Never expected to see these guys (along with Dragonland and Falconer) in the States.

Here is a recent setlist from them from a recent festival appearance:

The Source of Pain
Master of the Masquerade
Rooms of Sleep
Another Dawn
Hollow
Angel's Deceit
I Roam
In The Court of the Crimson King
Maleficium

GLENN:

I HAVE 2 WORDS TO SAY TO YOU. THANK YOU! BEEN A MORGANA LEFAY FAN SINCE THEIR FIRST CD. I KNOW I ASK YOU A COUPLE OF TIMES ABOUT THEM AND I KNOW IF ANYBODY CAN BRING THEM TO USA YOU WOULD BE THE MAN. GLENN RULES!!!! WITH A LINE UP YOU HAVE:headbang: FOR 2015 I'LL BE GETTING MY GOLD BADGE.

You could save a bit of time in your initial experience and grab the last two (Aberrations of the Mind, Grand Materia) and then get the compilation of the earlier stuff (Fata Morgana).

This. Personally, I would start with Grand Materia.