Moshing at rap concerts: Yay or Nay?

Moshing at rap concerts?

• Yes

Votes: 5 35.7%
  • No

Votes: 9 64.3%

• Total voters
Nice way of gettin shot!!!!!
You can mosh at an Onyx show or a House of Pain show.
But the real players don't won't theire sneakers dirty or theire golden chains gettin fucked up in a pit!!!!!You are warned mr Slayer85!!!!!!!

I agree with Dutchy in a way. The menality at rap shows is different then matal. There are to many assholes ready to shoot you just cause you stepped on there $200.00 dollar sneakers. Then again It would depend on the band.

You would be surprised to know that it really depends on the area. Myself for example, I live in Salt Lake City Utah as some of you know. Anyhow, I myself in the past couple of years have been to a "Snoop Dogg", "Dr. Dre", and a "Wu-Tang clan" concerts. There was nothing out of the ordinary going on at those concerts, infact I personally thought that they were very mellow for concerts! Ofcourse, being a metal veteran( so to speak) as far as concerts, Megadeth = 2, Metallica = 5, Slayer = 1, Anthrax = 1

I witnessed more fights and bullshit at the metal shows I saw, but I still think it depends on the location and your personal mind set. If you go looking for trouble, you'll find it for sure! Oh yeah, there was alot of moshing going on at the "Wu-Tang Clan" show I saw last year, don't ask me to explain but there it was?

Cheerz!

AugDawg

dude, the polls like a jokes, i know it never happens, but holy shit if there was a rap "band" that had moshing at its concerts id fucking be there.(real rap, not like rap rock shit like house of pain, black eye peas or w/e the group with the lead singing mexican is)

Hey do what the music tells ya to do. If it inspires you to mosh then mosh. If it makes ya want to sing to the ceiling go for it. I have seen moshing at (for better or worse) A Doors cover band, and 4 Non Blonds. Now days it seems ppl will mosh to anything.

yeah cause its fucking trendy now, ooooh ohhhhhhhh i moshed bla bla bla, its not about just doing it to do it, its about doing what you feel. if you want to mosh then mosh, if not then dont. i mean its not that hard for all you mallcore bitches out there.

If the songs have an explicitely precised part of the song called "MOSH PART" in them like S.O.D. songs, I'd say it's ok to mosh. By the way, who invented the word Mosh? Could it be attributed to Anthrax or SOD ??

well said aug,half of these so called bad ass rap groups would probably have the mildest crowd,which is more or less whatever works for the fan itself,and some mellow blues or soul dude might have bad ass fans at the show.

most death metal gigs i have been to u assume there is going to be some sick motherfuckers there but there just real,down to earth fans that love the music,more milder than a country rock band would get...

the term mosh has been round since the sixties,bands like sod and anthrax revived it though!!!!

kewl dude... wassup?? cowabunga mosh hard and it's so rad to hear such a kewl word as mosh ... i'll definately check out sum MTVz for muh perzonal cult-ure and tah find out what moshing iz.....

peace!

Mallcore! Ha! Ha!

Haven't heard that one in a while.....
Slayer85 is wise beyond his metal years....

And as far as moshing at a rap show being a bad situation...isn't that what being "caught in a mosh" is about? Caught up in a bad situation? Just something to think about.....

I'm out like Bee Gees on 8 track.
No Thanx to the Lord,
GregadetH:devil:

Originally posted by SLAYER85
dude, the polls like a jokes, i know it never happens, but holy shit if there was a rap "band" that had moshing at its concerts id fucking be there.(real rap, not like rap rock shit like house of pain, black eye peas or w/e the group with the lead singing mexican is)

???? you don't know what youre talkin about.
House of pain is NOt rock rap shit, they only did 2 metal remixes, try listen to any of theire albums, def NO guitars!!!

Black eyed......I think you mean Delinquent Habits, no Rock/rap shit either!!!!
Better watch it Slayer, you dissed 2 of the best hiphop groups around!!!
Better watch youre sneakers and keep it metal!!!