Most anticipated 2012 metal releases?

mattbrood

PPUSA Facebook *****
Nov 8, 2008
www.facebook.com
2011 has been a killer year for new metal releases. I was just thinking of what new Metal will be released in 2012 and I was drawing a blank. Could only think of new Circus Maximus, Delain and hopefully new Crimson Glory! Any thoughts?

Circus Maximus
Nighwish(even though i will have it by Dec 25)
Seven Kingdoms
Future's End
And maybe a scond solo effort from Lance King

Periphery! I'm crazy hooked on Periphery these days. Circus Maximus and Delain are up there too. I haven't had a look at what's slated for next year though, so that's all I can say for now.

Dragonforce, Nightwish, Primal Fear, Circus Maximus. And I'm sure there will be at least a dozen excellent releases from bands we haven't heard of yet.

I think that's the only thing I care about that's coming out next year, but I always get surprised by new stuff too.

It's definitely what I'm most looking forward to. Thanks again for starting that djent thread, it's seriously expanded the amount of stuff I have in my collection. It's kind of exactly what I've been looking for for a while.

Luca Turilli's Rhapsody
Freedom Call - Land Of The Crimson Dawn
Alcest - Les Voyages De L'Âme
Circus Maximus
Daylight Dies
Disgorge (US)
Judas Priest - Epitaph
Manowar
Nocturnal Rites
Wormed

Cruciamentum's full length

For realz.

Also, Diabolik's RAM - Death pick is up there for me, too. Just checked RAM out this year and really dig what I hear. Glad they've got a new one coming out soonish.

Also these:

Alcest - Les Voyages De L'âme
Zemial - Nykta
Pagan Altar - Never Quite Dead
Barren Earth - The Devil's Resolve
Orange Goblin - A Eulogy for the Damned
Napalm Death - Utilitarian
Diablo Swing Orchestra - Pandora's Piñata
Psycroptic - The Inherited Repression

There are a shit ton of bands that have hinted at albums next year, but no official information is really released:

Blind Guardian, Obituary, Grave, Vreid, Katatonia, Tool, Triptykon, Unleashed, Moonspell, Gojira, Anathema, Marduk, Electric Wizard, Ahab (and those are just the "big" names)

And for the love of Satan, will Jari please get Wintersun - Time out? It's more like Wintersun - Finnish Democracy

I have given up on Wintersun ever getting that disc out....it is a shame since years ago it would have been huge with the popularity of viking metal....now if it is released most will think it is a new band. It is a shame that it is taking this long to get it done.

I also look forward to the new Zuul and October 31st disc as well.