Most Depressive Opeth Album

Yea, it has depressive elements. But listening to it, isn't particularly depressing, it's more extrovert, and pumps you up more, than any other album.

Damnation is the most depressing all-around, I would say. "Windowpane" is rather gloomy, and although it eventually picks up a bit with a smidge of hope in "Death Whispered a Lullaby", it's soon crushed again by "Closure" and its following tracks.

The other albums, while they can be just as sad, are obviously heavier and still get you pumped-up a bit.

Hope Leaves is the most depressing song of all Opeth ones. It being in Damnation makes this album the most depressing one -hands down!-

what the fuck is the avatar that abcdefg has, i have been trying to figure it out for about 2 weeks now.

hope leaves is my favorite song off of damnation, as a matter of fact, i tabbed it out for metal tabs, i think its perfect, but ehhh, i dunno. DAMNATION KILLS ALL.

koolboee cdmo87 said:
The other albums, while they can be just as sad, are obviously heavier and still get you pumped-up a bit.
Sounds like you think that heavy cant be as sad. Try listening to Swallow the Sun.

I guess I'm the only person to feel this way, but I'd say Deliverance. It's quite obvious from the music that that aspect of the narrator (of both D1 and D2) meets a bad end, whereas on every other album there seem to be tiny hints of a better ending.

I would deffinately have to say that both ''My Arms, Your Hearse'' and ''Still Life'' give off a very depressing feeling. Mainly due to the lyrical content of the albums, but also the music tends to create a rather depressing atmosphere aswell.