Most Epic AA moments

Brekke

Lady of the Vanir
Mar 24, 2008
North Dakota, America
First time poster, long time reader. Just the other day, I had a most metal moment and it was so epic, I felt that I should share it:

I got into a car accident the other day while listening to AA. It was the last chorus of Fate of Norns, and some jerk pulled out in front of me and smashed the front end of my jeep. It was an epic moment as I was rocking out, the dramatic chorus played and I felt an incredible jolt as I got hit and, no lie, several blackbirds flew overhead and I thought I died.

I didn't die, and when I told my friends (non-metal heads, they don't even listen to hard rock, just wuss-puss mainstream pop and boyband shit), they didn't understand the awesomeness of it. That's when I decided that after a year of reading the AA forums, I should join and start talking with people who actually get me as a metal chick. I also realized that I need new friends.

I also recently found out that I was adopted, and that I was actually born in Norway and that I'm closer to Viking blood than I thought (my adoptive parents are of Norwegian and Irish decent, but my blood parents are some unknown Norwegian people).

Another reason why I thought I needed to post here is that when I discovered AA, I had never been so blown away by a band before in my life. I had never been so quickly sucked in by the music and the culture of any music before either. I had to know more about AA so I came here. I wanna let all of you know that you all rock so hard, and that this is where I come for my metal fix.

I hope I have not angered the gods (all of you) because I post on another forum (hockey related) and I hate when new members come in and start stupid threads and things. I searched for a thread where new members introduce themselves, but found nothing. So, here I am, meet me and rip me apart or love me (us metalchicks are pretty badasss, I can handle it).

As for this thread: Let it be what it is or, share your own AA epic moment stories (I like the sound of the latter and I also searched and didn't find one of these either).

There. Done.

They waited a while to tell you about that, eh?
Anyhow...
Um...seeing them live is pretty much full of epic moments.

welcome dude, and its a good thing that u started to post, since u were reading for a year now, i guess u've seen me around here and there,

anyway my most epic moment, would be, when i moved to canada i entered an ESL class. English as Secound Language class. SO basically most of my class were asians and middel eastren, while we were interducing our self, i said im vocals in a band, my speaking teacher was surprised and asked me to sing for the class, and i started with death in fire, lol, u guys should've seen there faces haha

thats my best AA moment so far

My most Epic moment would be when i threw up out the front of the venue before AA had even come on stage in Adelaide & ALMOST again in Sydney.

Nah but to give you a serious answer, fucked if i know, i'll get back to you on that if i think of somethin legit

My most Epic moment would be when i threw up out the front of the venue before AA had even come on stage in Adelaide & ALMOST again in Sydney.

Nah but to give you a serious answer, fucked if i know, i'll get back to you on that if i think of somethin legit

hahaha i remember when you chucked!

surprised i didn't in either adelaide or sydney...i was beyond trashed! lol!

welcome dude, and its a good thing that u started to post, since u were reading for a year now, i guess u've seen me around here and there,

anyway my most epic moment, would be, when i moved to canada i entered an ESL class. English as Secound Language class. SO basically most of my class were asians and middel eastren, while we were interducing our self, i said im vocals in a band, my speaking teacher was surprised and asked me to sing for the class, and i started with death in fire, lol, u guys should've seen there faces haha

thats my best AA moment so far

Ha!! That must have been amazing!! I wish I could do vocals like this, but I'm not sure how hot it would be to see a chick doing that. I have heard chicks do it before, and its just not hot.

Yeah, I have been reading a while, getting to know people so that I won't (hopefully) offend anyone on here. I felt like a troll, but the more into Norse Myth one gets, the less aweful trolls become ;)

They waited a while to tell you about that, eh?
Anyhow...
Um...seeing them live is pretty much full of epic moments.

Not really, I guess I knew, but music isn't a very huge part of their lives, and when I realized how much is means to me, I got down on them for having meaningless music.

I have yet to see them live, they came to Ohio, and I have family there, so if they come near there again, I'll have to pay them a visit.

For me at least, discovering Amon Amarth was a religious experience, on a magnitude similar to the birth of jesus christ in the christian world. I was completely re-born. Those dark days before my rebirth I now refer to as BAA (Before Amon Amarth).

Not all the changes in my life have been positive, though. I'm often pissed off at myself for not discovering them years earlier. My ears ring with tinnitus. And i started posting on an internet forum, a pastime i once viewed with scorn and contempt.

Actually, I'm not sure whether to be thankful or to blow my brains out.

Hahaha...just kidding (50%) :)

it's pretty difficult trying to pin-point that actual defining moment and classify it as 'epic'. there has been so many 'epic' moments, i guess seeing them three time in three different states would have to do. lol.

That's one br00tal story. The recent tour I remember feeling my neck starting to get sore after a couple songs but I pressed on, by the end of the set I was on the rails and they played my favorite, Victorious March. I remember how bad it hurt to windmill, but I had to. Could barely move my head for a week after that, AA RULES! Thats my 'epic aa story'! .....probably pretty close to everybody else's concert experience haha.

Ha!! That must have been amazing!! I wish I could do vocals like this, but I'm not sure how hot it would be to see a chick doing that. I have heard chicks do it before, and its just not hot.

Yeah, I have been reading a while, getting to know people so that I won't (hopefully) offend anyone on here. I felt like a troll, but the more into Norse Myth one gets, the less aweful trolls become ;)

*if i didnt understand u wrong*
wtf dude??? im not a chick :S:S

First discovering Amon Amarth.
And second, more kinda embarassing, but a suitable example of the raw energy you get from listening to them.
Gods of War Arise came on when I was listening to my MP3 so I just stood up and windmilling through the entire song.

Could barely stand up afterwards but it was awesome all the same :p

*if i didnt understand u wrong*
wtf dude??? im not a chick :S:S

haha, sorry, I am a chick, I meant that I wish I could do it, but when girls give it a go, its not hot. I'm sure your awesome though, guys doing metal growling is awesome, and from a metal chicks point of view, should be pretty hot.

haha, sorry, I am a chick, I meant that I wish I could do it, but when girls give it a go, its not hot. I'm sure your awesome though, guys doing metal growling is awesome, and from a metal chicks point of view, should be pretty hot.

lool my bad, sorry, well yeah girls told me that growls are hot on guys, but dont know, lol,

anyway thanx!

thats my email if u wanna chat, :D