Most overated band / album?

Im curious how anyone could think Agalloch are overated. I mean, there isnt a whole lot of hype about them, they just get recomended a lot. Maybe the musicianship isnt quite as flashy as other bands, but fuck they know how to build up an atmosphere.

AbsentFriend said:
Overrated:
Porcupine Tree, Mars Volta, Agalloch, Slipknot
Okay, I can understand Slipknot and Mars Volta, although I love Mars Volta, they have been getting a lot of praise from everyone. What I don't understand is how you can possibly call Porcupine Tree overrated, not to mention Agalloch. Agalloch...overrated? How in the hell can they be overrated? They're barely known. It's just not possible. Sure, they get A LOT of praise (well deserved :D)....FROM THE FEW HUNDRED PEOPLE WHO KNOW WHO THEY ARE!

Dreadful said:
Radiohead - Kid A. Some hail it as the best "rock album" or dare even "album" of the 1990s. Last summer, I sat myself down and listened to it 3 times in a row. Wow, is it just me or is there only 1 or 2 good SONGS on that album. It's a borefest of industrialized whining and unhetero singing.

If you think St. Anger has better drum production than ...And Justice For All you seriously need to get your head checked. Tiolet metal dosen't overthrow metal with a production so good it barely needed bass guitar.

Kid A didn’t come out in the 90’s.

What I think.

The White Stripes

This band is worthless in my eyes. There are a lot of people around here who like them, but I don’t see what the fuss is all about. Their music is simplistic and boring.

Metallica

I just never really liked them that much.

ECT., ECT

Nine Inch Fucking Nails, for sure! Critics, and every pierced tongue I've ever met just love to lick Trent Reznor's balls. Many got the bumper sticker because they thought NIN looked cool.

He's a ripoff of industrial music. Music that was made a decade earlier by vastly better and original bands like Skinny Puppy, Caberet Voltaire, Einsturzende Neubauten, Coil, Psychic T.V., Severed Heads, The Revolting Cocks, and Test Dept.

Every time I heard "I Want to Fuck You Like an Animal", I wanted to shoot myself in the fucking chest. Reznor sucks the massive one.

Coldplay are good...I think they've pretty much nailed the emotive distorted pop sound. I guess its cause they use keys and vocals quite intelligently.

Tool I think classify as highly overrated...yet justifiably so. Hmm...does this make sense?

Messhugah is like nerd-metal.

Symphony X (wankery, lack of emotion/feel...repeticious and silly)

Dream Theater (refer to symphony X)

Opeth (Once a great band with original and fresh ideas. Now...deliverance)

Iced Earth (last 3 albums...i have yet to blink an eye at anything remotely impressive)

BurningSky said:
lord hypnos, if you can call opeth overrated, i dont think you know the meaning of the word.

ive forgotten more metal and prog rock than youll ever hope to learn. open your eyes fanboy, opeth arent what they once were. and the fact that fans go insane over albums like deliverance, and damnation...is why theyre overrated. damnation is nothing new nor special, its only the ignorance you bear that wont let you realize it.

i don't think overrated, but lordhypnos is entitled to his own opnions, and he has a point, damnation isn't that new of a thing
i like it and all, but its not very groundbreaking or breathtaking
now something breathtaking, go listen to Genesis-Foxtrot

Dark Tranquillity
In Flames

I've never understood what's so great about those bands, therefore they're OVERRATED!