Most under rated guitar solo

April Etheral said:
Every Fuckin Jason Becker one!!!!!!!!!

Most kids nowadays have never heard of him and it breaks my heart, the guy was such an amazing guitar player and still is an amazing person

And then it would have to be Fatal Tragedy by Dream Theater
The thing that pisses me off is that when people have heard one or two of his songs, they consider him "just another shredder like Batio or Cooley". Bastards - he was the greatest writer on the guitar, ever, and to think that he isn't you're just ignorant like I referred to before or haven't heard him.

Oh, Friedman is good too. His solos on Rust in Peace are pretty underrated, because they are some of the best ever.

Mike's outtro solo on The Drapery Falls. Not really a traditional style, more like a harmony to end the song.

The dual solo on Harlequin Forest also can't go unchecked either.

BRI said:
The thing that pisses me off is that when people have heard one or two of his songs, they consider him "just another shredder like Batio or Cooley". Bastards - he was the greatest writer on the guitar, ever, and to think that he isn't you're just ignorant like I referred to before or haven't heard him.

Oh, Friedman is good too. His solos on Rust in Peace are pretty underrated, because they are some of the best ever.

Yeah but i like Batio and Cooley as well :devil:

But i think the world's most underrated guitar player (I know its a thread for solos) has to be Paco De Lucia, yes he may play flamenco but this dude rules he shreds faster on that nylon string than anyone on an electric

I think another underrated solo is any solo by Dragonforce, those dudes play some mean guitar. I saw em live a couple weeks ago and they kicked ass :devil:

Becker wasn't about speed, even though he was faster than the rest anyway. He wrote Speed Metal Symphony when was fuckin' 15, and it's still the greatest guitar album ever.