Most underrated SP album.

Wyvern

Master of Disaster
Staff member
Nov 24, 2002
Alright on Suz request another silly question by me :D , and since is so subjective guess what? There's no wrong answer!

To me will be will be "Into The Void (hallucinogenic conception)", ok so the album has a cover and also has 'Idols' which sucks, but the rest, aha the rest :hotjump:

I would go for "Unseen".

I was quite disapointed the first time I heard it, but it has grown on me over the years and now I do think it's a good album, just a bit different. The 70's rock/metal influences here and there work very well on some songs, it gives the record a special place in SP discography and I value bands who don't want to release the same album year after year.

Wyvern said:
Alright on Suz request another silly question by me :D , and since is so subjective guess what? There's no wrong answer!

To me will be will be "Into The Void (hallucinogenic conception)", ok so the album has a cover and also has 'Idols' which sucks, but the rest, aha the rest :hotjump:
I'm with you Wy, Into the Void. I feel that one gets overlooked alot, but I have a connection with that one for some reason. Always have.....It was funny, I was going through old paperwork for warranties on stuff for my house (my garage door opener broke), and in the pile of crap, was an old CASSETTE that Steve had made me, a demo of some of his stuff. I thought those things were long gone. How it got in there is beyond me!

but hey, high five on posting babycakes!! THANKS WY, cool beans, I don't care what Steve says about ya, you're alright in my book! heehee :wave:

SugarNspice said:
I don't care what Steve says about ya, you're alright in my book! heehee :wave:

Steve has a bad concept about me? :cry:

Wyvern said:
Steve has a bad concept about me? :cry:
Hey Wy, no, I don't think anyone could have a bad concept about you......!!! you can tell you are a good egg....Steve is the rotten egg!! hee hee!
*Cheers buddy*! :tickled:

Definitely "Unseen"!! All the magazines considered it a disappointment. But I agree: The 70s influences are extraordinary and, to my mind, "Among The Damned" is one of the greates SP-songs! Probably one of the best melancholic / half-ballad songs in the Heavy Metal-genre hehe...

Hawk said:
Just like my buddy Wyv I would choose "Into The Void (hallucinogenic conception)".
What a great album that is!
Hey Hawk!!! Great to see your name, haven't seen you in a while either!!!! :cool:

Thanks. I have been busy at the old school forum. I was making my rounds at my favorite UM places :wave:

Any Steel Prophet news yet??

Hawk said:
Thanks. I have been busy at the old school forum. I was making my rounds at my favorite UM places :wave:

Yeh, it's tough to spread yourself thin...........way too popular Hawk, way too popular. pace yourself!!!!! hee hee

No news, really. Been a very slow board, mainly just small banter....I talk to steve separately from this mainly, and just like to hook up with you guys on here, catch the latest updates, see what's new with everyone.

Shouldn't be too too long before we get a crumb of their new CD though.....

RIGHT STEVE-O???????????

Come on, let's sing the ketchup song together (Carly Simon), ANTICIPATION!!!!!! AN-TIC-I-PAAAATTTTTIOONNNNN................. :headbang:

Fangface said:
I would go for "Unseen".

I was quite disapointed the first time I heard it, but it has grown on me over the years and now I do think it's a good album, just a bit different. The 70's rock/metal influences here and there work very well on some songs, it gives the record a special place in SP discography and I value bands who don't want to release the same album year after year.

I so agree with you! And I am sure Steve does too (cough cough, Steve get your ass in here and post) he has often mentioned that Unseen is a favorite.

I guess the problem that fans had with this album is that it was not entirely heavy metal... but many fans that have gone back to it eventually like it... it's weird how sometimes you expect something really formulated... somebody breaks the formula and you automatically discarded as "not liking it".

Hawk said:

Hey, nice to see you in here again! :)

The guys have been awful quite... I think we are up for a surprise from them... just have to be patient I guess :err:

Hawk said:
Just like my buddy Wyv I would choose "Into The Void (hallucinogenic conception)".
What a great album that is!

Bald minds think alike :p

SugarNspice said:
Hey Wy, no, I don't think anyone could have a bad concept about you..

You haven't talk to my mother :tickled:

Basically I give a shit if somebody I don't know have a bad eye on me, but to me the people on the forum are siblings in arms and therefore they all matter to me. Lat thing I'll ever do (conciently) is too hurt anyone in here

As for Steve I owe him big time, and not only for the music, so I was freaked by the idea I said something to ill-dispose him about me.

Wyvern said:
Bald minds think alike :p

You haven't talk to my mother :tickled:

Basically I give a shit if somebody I don't know have a bad eye on me, but to me the people on the forum are siblings in arms and therefore they all matter to me. Lat thing I'll ever do (conciently) is too hurt anyone in here

As for Steve I owe him big time, and not only for the music, so I was freaked by the idea I said something to ill-dispose him about me.
so your mother holds the key to all the horror stories, eh????? She's got a website up and running on it too, correct?? hehe with pictures to go along with it?????

Yeh, Steve's cool through and through....... :worship: