Motley Crue DVD preview

I saw the Crue this past Sunday Night. Hell of a show, mostly the "hits." Though they did dust off a number of oldies. They also did a medley of ballads, which is new for them, Glitter/Without You/Home Sweet Home. It worked really well & better to get all the sappy shit in one dose, than to ruin the momentum of the show. As with the first leg of the tour they played the opening mini movie, they did take an intermission for 10 minutes & played more of that movie. The second half started on time. A couple of things, Mick is more mobile these days & looked like he was into the show, great to see that guy moving around the stage. He's still stiff, but he's obviously feeling better. I haven't heard Vince sound this good. He sound better than he did even back in 1990. He finished the lines & didn't rely on the audience to finish the job. I also think he benifited from the intermission... I was pleasantly surprised. It could be that he's still fresh, since the second leg kicked off on 7.26.05?
Real quick, Silvertide slayed, more on them later, I did get a chance to interview them & went to their tour bus, the closest I came to Motley Crue was Nikki's & Vince's Choppers, which were parked right in the back of Silvertide's tour bus. Those things were sweet! I actually got a chance to sit in the driver's seat of the bus, during the interview! I drank Jack & Coke with Walt the singer! I don't drink, but would you pass up the chance to share a drink with a member of one of you favorite bands? I didn't think so...
The Exies were kinda cool, I ran into them in the back. Would I buy their record? I don't know? I didn't buy it for $10.00 at the show...
I missed Sum 41, as I was in the Silvertide bus...

Motleyhorns.jpg

SILVERTIDEPASS.jpg

tedvanfrehley said:
MORE DETAILS PLEASE and more pics of your collection if possible?!?!?! How was Tommy's drum solo? Did he do anything crazy?

I wasn't impressed by the solo, I went to take a leak...
It was a pretty laid back gig, like a hits tour, they had the midgets, the bikes & the girls, but they've had chicks & bikes on the last couple of tours...
Just between you and me, midgets don't get me off...
Tons of pyro, it was full production. Not much more than that happened...
Wait, this pig stole my Silvertide disc that the band had signed...
She stuck it in her dirty snatch when I wasn't looking...
The old lady almost cleaned her clock! After talking some sense with the old lady, I enjoyed the rest of the Crue set. What a tapeworm. I guess she needed it worse than I did. No matter, I can get another one from managment. You try to think that there are good people out there & you get this? Karma bit her right in the ass, though. She dropped her car keys in the process of swipping the disc & I managed to kick them down a couple of more rows down! Pay backs are a bitch, after all....:p
Their manager Scotty Rock, yeah I know sounds fake, swore he "knew" me from other tours, where he had managed other bands & was a stand up guy. I might be able to use this to my advantage down the road...