Movie Soundtracks

Onder

Apr 10, 2006
Movie soundtracks anyone?

I love Angelo Badalamenti works in Twin Peaks or Riz Ortolani's Cannibal Holocaust ST. Morricone's stuff is also great.

I have someone, and they are all good:

The Crow
Armageddon
Matrix
A Clockwork Orange (It's my father's, the original 1972 tape)

I'm also gonna take "Eyes Wide Shut", "Saw" and "From Dusk 'Til Dawn" soundtracks: I like them very much.

My friend lent me the matrix soundtrack. It was okay.
I like the LotR soundtrack, of course. Also, the theme of Sword of the Valiant is classic.

Thomas Newman is one of my favourite composers. The Shawshank Redemption and Green Mile soundtracks are fantastic.
But obviously considering it's half of what makes the films so good, Phillip Glass' soundtracks for the -qatsi series are amazing. Unfotunately I can't seem to find the one for Naqoyqatsi, which despite being far and away the worst in the series has some of my favourite music.

Thomas Newman is one of my favourite composers. The Shawshank Redemption and Green Mile soundtracks are fantastic.

Also American Beauty. That soundtrack is terrific.

But obviously considering it's half of what makes the films so good, Phillip Glass' soundtracks for the -qatsi series are amazing. Unfotunately I can't seem to find the one for Naqoyqatsi, which despite being far and away the worst in the series has some of my favourite music.

Phillip Glass is great. I've had some compilation of his work but I've propably lost it. I need to get some of his soundtracks ASAP.

The soundtrack to the .hack//SIGN anime is awsome. Jpop at its best. :p I also like The Pirates of the Caribbean OST for more classical scores.
But probably my alltime favourite is as you said Badalmenti's works for Twin Peaks.

Edit: Another soundtrack I like is the one for 'The Shipping News'. I get Ulf Söderberg vibes from it which is a very good thing because he makes great ambient/tribal stuff.

the soundtrack to 'aguirre: the wrath of god' is leagues ahead of any other, one of my favourite pieces of music of all time, so wild and haunting and tragic and hypnotic and amazing

S&M is just a recording of songs with the San Fran Symphony, I dont see how its a movie soundtrack, and its pretty fucking awesome regardless

I've always loved the soundtrack to Amelie. It got me really obsessed with Yann Tiersen, who is an incredible composer and musician.

I watched Zoo the other night, and I kind of want the soundtrack because the music was AMAZING. I'm a sucker for the piano.

The Queen of the Damned soundtrack has the Disturbed guy on it. and Korn too. i thought it was the most metal thing i ever heard when it first came out. ;p