Movies

witch

Cups Queen
Apr 16, 2002
no man's land
Visit site
so, let's start something new :hotjump:

further to DT usual threads, but near to develop an occasion to know u better, guyz :D

We all know which kinda music everybody listen (damn', this is the reason of our presence on this board).. but I wanna know which movie u prefer

these are mine:
"The Green Mile" (..like the drink, only not spelt the same), "The sixth sense", "The Crow", "Dracula" by Bram Stoker, "Blade" (not for the story in itself, but like a lot capoeira, swords.. and Wesley Snipes :lol: ), "Matrix" (great Lorence Fishbourne), "Heavenly Creatures", "Do the Right Thing" (my first Spike Lee joint); "Waiting to Exhale", "L'amant de la chinese du Nord" (Marguerite Duras), "Leon" (*love* this movie), "Kamasutra" (hey, guyz.. it's a dramatic and historical movie, I swear!! hey, u, stop laugh :devil: )

is time to give u some space to write :)

Hmmm...

Best movie ever seen, Fantasia (Walt Disney's). An absolute masterpiece.

Then... hmm, I'd say 2k1. Then things become quite blurry, but after all u asked which movie I prefer, so I think I even answered more than asked :D

Alfred (Jupiter in our unforgiving eyes)

oh, well... among my faves there are 'star wars' (i do love almost every john williams' ost), 'johnny mnemonic' (screenplay by william :worship: gibson), 'the matrix' ( :worship: :) ), 'the shining' (wendy? darling, light of my life, i'm not going to hurt you :lol: ), 'close encounters of the third kind' ( :) ), 'gladiator' (massive fx), 'blade' (wonderful weapons :hotjump: ), 'fight club', 'the princess bride' (beware of the rodents of unusual size! :lol: ) ... and many many others :) not to mention animation movies: ranging from 'the jungle book' to 'ice age' i love them all :hotjump:

/me nostalgic

yogurt, the wise. yogurt, the all powerful. yogurt, the magnificent. please, please, don't make a fuse. i'm just plain yogurt. :lol:

My favourites are:

Nosferatu (the old silent version)
Cabinet of Dr. Caligari (the silent version yet again)
Mouse Hunt
and
Eve's Bayou...

Recent movies I've seen and liked are The Others and the Dinotopia film on TV. :)

Hehe, rodents of unusual size... I must see that movie someday. :lol:

1. Ran
1. The Stalker
3. Judgment at Nuremberg
4. JFK
5. Citizen Kane
6. Magnolia
7. Breaking the Waves
8. A Clockwork Orange
9. Network
10.Men With Guns

Another interesting question would be which movie would have benefitted the most from a Dark Tranquillity soundtrack?

My choice: a tie between Down to You and Runaway Bride...... :D

best movie i've ever seen: bergman's "the seventh seal".
best movie i've seen recently: "the others", "sleepy hollow"

@misanthrope: like the dahmer idea. can you address me to the best resource online on the guy and his doings, by chance?

rahvin. (serial poster)

@rahvin: somebody told me that "sleepy hollow" is a sort of humorous film.. I will give you my opinion asap (hope so :))

but *everybody* told me that "the others" is a great movie

@|ngenius: dunno if somebody had posted this thread maybe one or two months ago.. (even later :eek: )

the evil dead trilogy
pretty much any coen brothers movie (the big lebowski, raising arizona, fargo, etc.)

the others was alirght by the way... kinda saw the ending coming

I like pretty much every movie with Gary Oldman in it.

Bram Stoker's Dracula
True Romance (yeah!!!)
Leon

Pulp Fiction
Snatch
Seven
Lock Stock and Two Smoking Barrels
The Green Mile
South Park - Bigger Longer and Uncut
Trainspotting
Killing Zoe
From Dusk Till Dawn
The Mask
Coming To America
The Naked Gun
Hellraiser

Ali G in da House rules too...

@Witch: Don't worry, only two or three persons still remember my old thread 'bout movies. It was around five months ago. ;)

|ngenius (cyclic idiot)

@thanatos: thank you, gonna check it out at lunchtime :p

@witch: sleepy hollow is humourous, but not in an unintentional way. it relies a lot on irony and a few times there are puns also. i think it's graphically admirable and a paradigm of gothicism , which is funny in itself. :)

rahvin.

i'm a crimelibrary fan as well... spent many a nights browsing it last year, which partially explain why i scored relatively low in my exams (you know, i wasn't taking msc criminology). as for movies, my favorite ever has to be trainspotting, with harmony korine's kids coming a very second close. best movie seen recently is maybe hannibal, but not because i seriously rate it: it's just i almost saw nothing else.

hyena (déja-bu)

Pulp Fiction and Four Rooms by Quentin Tarantino are so funny.
Memento, Magnolia and Requiem for a Dream are excellent mindfucking movies, especially at 3am.