Movies

^ Was it good? :)

I saw Michael Clayton today, amazing movie :kickass: .

Oh... yes, I liked it :)

The story behind all events is quite a thrill (and quite hilarious, I must say =), the movie itself is rather terrifying.

Got to rent Michael Clayton - can't stumble upon Blu Ray every time I'm going to =/

The Mist

No, I didn't read the novel(la?), and that's why this movie was the scariest I've seen in a very long time - it's just so Stephen King's scary that no crawling-out-long-haired-Asian-girls can compete with that.

Probably the best King's movie adaptation so far [I've seen].

the Dark Knight
all I can say is holy shit, Batman :headbang:

Not only the best Batman movie
but the best movie in years
check it out -

Absolutely.

Tons times better than Batman Begins, and surely the best movie of the year (not "so far", but "the best").

Saw it in IMAX last night, sold out theater, people were getting tickets 2-3 weeks in advance, visuals were stunning, and Joker... well, I loved that magic trick :lol:

Heath Ledger's Joker >>>>>>> Jack Nicholson's Joker

Just over the edge psychopath, best villain to date, overall.

Absolutely.

Tons times better than Batman Begins, and surely the best movie of the year (not "so far", but "the best").

Saw it in IMAX last night, sold out theater, people were getting tickets 2-3 weeks in advance, visuals were stunning, and Joker... well, I loved that magic trick :lol:

Heath Ledger's Joker >>>>>>> Jack Nicholson's Joker

Just over the edge psychopath, best villain to date, overall.

I'd have to agree. Absolutely fucking frighteningly well done. I couldn't decide if I thought the little dance out of the hospital or his introduction to the mob was the more indicative of the character, but you can't go wrong either way. I mean, I went in fully expecting a truly twisted character, but nothing quite expected me for such an entrance. I have to agree, Plin, I didn't quite see that coming :lol: "I'll make this pencil disappear... Tada!" :ill:

Makes me wonder a bit how they'd ever bring in the Riddler for a later movie - the Joker character was such a blend of every psychopath I've seen in movies recently (especially Saw) increased tenfold, of course, that it'll be hard to ever top such a villain.

~kov.

The Mist

No, I didn't read the novel(la?), and that's why this movie was the scariest I've seen in a very long time - it's just so Stephen King's scary that no crawling-out-long-haired-Asian-girls can compete with that.

Probably the best King's movie adaptation so far [I've seen].
Good suggestion! Just watched it and found it very entertaining. Of course it's predictable, it's a horror movie ;)
But other than that I really liked it. Awesome choice of music in the end, too.. Dead Can Dance!
Brutal ending, too.. damn. Definitely one of the best horror movies Ive watched

The Dark Knight sucks. At first I thought "what the fuck Nolan is one condescending, patronizing asshat" but after watching the reactions I get it: this movie is made to try to introduce "depth" to an intellectually devoid crowd that would watch this summer blockbuster and think they just experience the epitome of cinematographic achievement.

There are other movies that do not require the characters to flat out tell you their stupid motherfucking morality lessons in order to advance the characters. Seriously this is a carefully scripted dosis of overrated fast-editing action ( cause its just not that well done, can be equally confusing as exiting ) and overly talk-active characters speaking like complete idiots and just when you think you couldn't possibly be more annoyed by their desperately obvious attempts at establishing a theme or explaining a situation they flat out tell you "THE WHITE KNIGHT!"....or "I want..CHAOS!"

The sad thing is that it seems like Nolan is incapable of anything other than have the characters in the movie well, break character to explain what he cannot otherwise portrait within the actions, reactions and cinematography of the story, a true failure as both a director and screenwriter. At least Memento lend itself more to hide those fact by the chronology.

And before anybody complains I demand too much out of a fucking movie about a grown up dressed up in a Bat costume I only do it because of stupid endless fanboys that want to not only give the movie perfect ratings but measure it up as actually challenging cinema works, its still an action movie with a very random, disjunctive and poor attempt at character development ruined by the retarded explanations and the way they keep trying to hammer that shit in after we got the point 40 or 50 minutes ago.

^ Its great to see the old Misanthrope is back when I saw this post
Doesn't seems like you missed much. Nice to see you back here as well.
thought you had changed for the better/positive but I was wrong
As for the Dark Knight, me and millions of other movie goes must disagree with the all knowing Misanthrope
I wrote before that the ID 'Misanthrope' fits you perfectly, please don't confuse that with the Moliere work -

Good suggestion! Just watched it and found it very entertaining. Of course it's predictable, it's a horror movie ;)
But other than that I really liked it. Awesome choice of music in the end, too.. Dead Can Dance!
Brutal ending, too.. damn. Definitely one of the best horror movies Ive watched

It got to me, all I can say :) Very few do.

Darabont does a really good job with King's material (I didn't bother reading novels/stories his movies are based on, but from what I've read before - he manages to keep the atmosphere).

Yea, it's a movie that gets to you. In fact, the only ending to a movie that can compare is Dancer in the Dark.. which is saying a lot imo.

^ Its great to see the old Misanthrope is back when I saw this post

thought you had changed for the better/positive but I was wrong
As for the Dark Knight, me and millions of other movie goes must disagree with the all knowing Misanthrope
I wrote before that the ID 'Misanthrope' fits you perfectly, please don't confuse that with the Moliere work -

You and millions of other movie goers have seriously watched enough decent movies to make an educated comment on? Seriously is that your argument, many people liked it so it must be good? Many people likes Ashton Kutcher movies yet they all deserve to have the "magic trick!" done in both of their eyes.

You and millions of other movie goers have seriously watched enough decent movies to make an educated comment on? Seriously is that your argument, many people liked it so it must be good? Many people likes Ashton Kutcher movies yet they all deserve to have the "magic trick!" done in both of their eyes.

I'm going to see The Dark Knight in IMAX a couple more times at least, as soon as it's not sold out.