mr. bungle

Torture Garden really is the shit, definately check it out

Get any and all Painkiller stuff you can find. It's all fucking incredible. Execution Ground's probably my favourite.
If you can find it check out:
"Otomo Yoshihide, Bill Laswell, Yoshigaki Yasuohiro - Soup"
Incredible avant-garde free-jazz that nearly no-one seems to have heard. One of my favourite experimental/jazz/avant-garde albums EVER, EVERRRR. You owe it to yourself to check this one out.

Glad to see theres people on this forum that listen to some of the same music I do!!!
GarethSE: Painkiller is awesome! Execution Ground is my favorite from them also! love lots of Bill Laswell work! love praxis AND Zorn did play on one of there albums called Sacrifist! That album is awesome!!!If you like painkiller you will love it!Yamatsuka Eye,Bootsy Collins,Buckethead,Brain,Bernie Worrell,Mick Harris,John Zorn ,Bill Laswell all on this album. love me some Bootsy Collins,Bernie Worrel, parliament, funkadelic stuff!!!Big fan of Buckethead also! I have NOT heard soup will check them out today BUT this is why I kinda was like oh no when Zorn was brought up because you mention his name then the topic moves on to avant-garde free-jazz stuff!! like it! listen to tons of it!! I was in a couple bands that play it! BUT I'm very bored with it! I would like to keep towards the bungle side of things, because I'm trying find a band that are better than them, I just don't think there out there! GarethSE have you listen to some of the bands I've listed? I would like to get your opinion on them! They are closer to what I'm looking for. Music that changes up a lot, that mixes all genre together! Like bungle did!

StoneLord:Sleepytime Gorilla Museum is cool!I like like half there stuff for some reason but there still cool!

lilhermiejobo:yes I've listen too Freak Kitchen!There cool! Love Mattias "IA" Eklundh is a amazing guitar player! but your right no bungle!

gotta love bootsy! cheesy fucker he is haha.
I've only got Warszawa and Transmutation Live so I'll check Sacrifist.

And yeah man, you'll love every second of soup. its one of the finest pieces of music ive ever heard in my life, FUCKING GEM and nobodys heard it! some of bill laswell's best playing ever, otomo yoshihide is a fucking freak all through the album (gotta love his fruity japanese screaming too) and yoshigaki's drumming is fucking impeccable. gorgeous bill laswell production too man, it really dubs out in like.. track 3 i think it is (dont have it on my itunes right now cos i had to reformat and lost all my music so i cant check, getting it again later though) and it's fucking amazing.
and yeah, im a huge fan of painkiller. my bud kian saw a set that was very close to painkiller's line up (they were just missing mick harris basically) and aparrently bill was having a bit of an off night, ah well, still a lucky fucker!

and nah man, the only band ive heard out of that list on the last page is estradasphere, who i love. gotta love timb harris! one of my favourite violinists :D

are you into gorguts at all man? if you havent heard the album "Obscura" i'd recommend it immensely. very avant-garde, spastic death metal. almost sounds like jazz in its own special way.
been listening to a lot of death metal recently and ive been noticing more and more similarities between it and the more freeform jazz stuff.
obscura is definately the finest tech death album ever (at least when it comes to spazzy shit, annihilation of the wicked is still the best "epic" tech death album) so you need it like RIGHT NOW :D

edit: also, add me on msn man!

hasnt sleepytime gorilla museum got that dude from deftones in it? or am i thinking of someone else?

"Sleep is wrong" is my favorite song from sleepytime gorilla museum!!

GarethSE:if you want some jazzy death metal, check out Ephel Duath. Also thrash metal jazz ensemble band called Dr. Nerve!

I could never totally get into SGM unfortunately.
Praxis is absolutely wicked though

praxis is fucking incredible

harry get on msnnnnnnn, i must give you soup <3

I am seriously digging this sleepytime gorilla museum.

And anybody who hasn't heard Virus probably should. It's not very Bunle sounding but it's bizarre enough that I don't think its completely off topic.

Last edited by a moderator:
i dont like the beatles or ozzy
and im not THAT keen on led zep ANYMORE (used to be a fanboy though, still occaisionally jam to them though :D)

but i love bungle
to each his own i guess