Mr. V X 3

~nightfall~

The Band called ROCK
Nov 7, 2001
Molde, Norway
not.there.yet
Since Mr. V has enough material allready to release 3 albums, whould it not be awesome if he released them all at the same time? I mean, that`s something I`ve never heard of. It whould be original shit.... and a huge overdose...:lol: :lol:
So, what`s your opinions?

I hope he does not release 3 albums at the same time because I have no money for that. And the other forum members will talk about how beautyful the albums are, and that while I never heard them, hehe

I've written alot of new opuses. Releasing three albums simultaneously would be too much I think, they would probabaly be quite infected by my current status, I mean I've written alot of new material but as time goes by I add and change small things as I develop as a mucian and man, coming up with new ideas how to arrange and approach things.

But at the same time it would be a great experiment to record three albums at one studio session, just to see if we could pull it off?? but I can't imagine any record company willing to do it, it would be to expensive.

mr V

I guess and Hope that We All will be Blessed by His Music and Inspiration for many, many years :headbang:

@ Vintersorg: Do you have some "professional" formation in Music or all you know you learned by yourself ???

NP: Beethoven - "Moonlight" Sonata Op. 27/2 in C Sharp Minor"

I don't have any grade, haven't taken any lessons, just write straight from my soul. It works fine, I don't need to know all details about notes and other complicated techniques. I hate rules in music and if I was a schooled musician I would probably composing under certain rules, right?

mr V

Originally posted by Vintersorg
I don't have any grade, haven't taken any lessons, just write straight from my soul. It works fine, I don't need to know all details about notes and other complicated techniques. I hate rules in music and if I was a schooled musician I would probably composing under certain rules, right?

mr V

Hey Vintersorg ... it rules !!
Thanks for the answer ... I just made this question because I play keyboards and I don't like many rules. A lot of things I create I do by myself, but I fight with several limitations because I don't have a solid formation yet... I think the perfect way is to use the techniques to materialize what is inside each one of us, our feelings, into Music... I just was curious about how it works on you ... :)

Learning this all by yourself is an ability that I really admire actually. I've been to a music school for years, started at the age of 5 to learn about notes and all that stuff. I played several kinds of flutes and later keyboards. But I always played the stuff that was written on sheets or I was told to, I have no idea how to create something myself (that sounds good, that is *grin*) Unfortunately I'm not very creative at all.... :-( Maybe that's why I lost interest in the end and I haven't touched an instrument for years. Now that I think of it: quite sad this is.

I agree with Vintersorg. I hate rules in music too, especcially I hate learn to read notes. But when I don't get lessons you learn so slowly. I mean, I play not in a band or something so if I had to learn guitar only by myself it take so much time more. I know Vintersorg have played in many bands (I ask him the same question a time ago) and so you learn a lot without lessons.

I had lessons for two years, but I noticed I wasn't satisfied with the teacher and stopped taking them. Well, I only play guitar for me, myself and I. It sounds selfish, but I do not want to play for others! Playing guitar is a kind of therapy for my soul. I do get many ideas for songs at work, but unfortunately I can't write it down then nor record it. When I come home, I usually don't get it the same way again, I had it in my mind at work. but it does not really matters to me, it's only for me, myself and I...

@Morgana: You try it one time and when you got it recorded and finnished a song or something it will be much easier to make another one. You just have to take that first stap. I was always to shy to let a song hear to other people but if you do it one time you like music writing so much. Well, for me it works....

Actually Ymir I do not need to record anything, I do NOT want to play for others... I do not want to make a living from that. And no matter how good/bad I am, it's just for me, myself and I...

I think there are many great musician out there, who are ways better than me and I prefer to support them, by buying their albums and see them live. Simply, because they want to play for themselves and others, that's their way to express themseves, their therapy for their souls....

Well, I'm not better than anyone atm. I'm trying to teach myself playing the guitar by head. So far, I've learned what 1 string sounds like.

Hey, it's progress!

Anyhow, why 2 albums at one, why not just one double-album?
I'd love it. Even at double the price.