MR. WEEDLY-WEEDLY (Yngwie) TO TOUR THIS FALL

PurpleCrayonWriter

Just a Kid at Heart
I don't know if this has been mentioned or not, and I'm not sure anyone cares, but Yngwie Malmsteen will be on tour this fall.

His web site isn't current and neither is his MySpace page. So I don't know all of the places he'll be playing. I found out by accident when I visited the Royal Oak Music Theatre web site that he'll be in Michigan on Friday, October 17.

More dates may be added, and at least one (the aforementioned Royal Oak gig) isn't listed. But, for anyone who wants to see Yngwie, the Ticketmaster page probably features the most up-to-date list.

One who cares here :)
Yes ol' Yngwie can be a bit much at times but still puts on a hell of a metal show. Didn't see a Florida gig yet but he almost always puts on a warm up show in Tampa or Ft. Lauderdale. If he indeed does come, it'll be my eleventh time seeing him. YES ELEVENTH.... Yiekes, that's a bit much isn't it? Well, one has to support your fellow Swedes, and it will be interesting to see how Ripper does with Yngwie's stuff.

He'll be out here in SoCal the first week of October for those interested. He's hitting all 3 House of Blues.....

Yes ol' Yngwie can be a bit much at times but still puts on a hell of a metal show. Didn't see a Florida gig yet but he almost always puts on a warm up show in Tampa or Ft. Lauderdale. If he indeed does come, it'll be my eleventh time seeing him. YES ELEVENTH.... Yiekes, that's a bit much isn't it? Well, one has to support your fellow Swedes, and it will be interesting to see how Ripper does with Yngwie's stuff.

I saw him once. I enjoyed the show. He's a showman, that's for sure. His kick-the-guitar-pick-into-the-audience trick is pretty cool.

My wife hasn't seen him, though. So we'll probably make the two-hour drive to Royal Oak to see him. It's the day before Kamelot/Edguy in Mokena, Illinois, though. So we have to decide if we can do both or not.

But I like Yngwie.

I've seen Yngwie lots of times, at least 7 or 8. I'll echo the other comments. ..Great showman, definitely worth making the trip out for.

Yep...l like me some Yngwie...Mr. Technical Prowess himself. He is a bit redundant...but if your fav guitar player does arpeggios...he does so because YJM made them popular. This time around with Ripper at the mic helm ought to be a good show.

I'll definitely be there if he schedules an Atlanta date, always a high-energy show with
unbelievable note density!!! It will be very cool to see Ripper with him...

Definitely hitting the local HoB gig. I want to see Ripper as much as Yngwie.

ANJ opening....

o_O

Not sure how that's going to go, but I'm certainly willing to find out for $22.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yep...l like me some Yngwie...Mr. Technical Prowess himself. He is a bit redundant...but if your fav guitar player does arpeggios...he does so because YJM made them popular. This time around with Ripper at the mic helm ought to be a good show.
That just about sums up what I was thinking. I always enjoy an Yngwie show. Count me in for wherever he play near NYC. I haven't checked the schedule yet.

Didn't see a Florida gig yet but he almost always puts on a warm up show in Tampa or Ft. Lauderdale.

If this happens, can you please make a note to shout this off somewhere? This thread .. start a new thread .. PM me .. whatever?? Lol, I just need to see this man perform, and there are no southeast dates on that Ticketmaster page. I will fly, drive, ride a rickshaw pulled by a hobo, etc. if he's doing a kickoff in Florida.

Would love to see Yngwie again....Does this mean he will have a new album out soon???

That just about sums up what I was thinking. I always enjoy an Yngwie show. Count me in for wherever he play near NYC. I haven't checked the schedule yet.

Friday, 10/24, Starland Ballroom, Sayreville NJ
Sunday, 10/26, Blender Theater, NYNY (7PM)

Zod - Ripper is on the tour. In fact, the local HOB ads out here in SoCal read "Yngwie Malmsteen featuring Ripper Owens".....nice billing for Tim :)

If he pulls that bullshit act at the State Theatre like he did the last time you don't want to be anywhere near it.