Multisample snare like "black album"

Rocka_Rollas

New Metal Member
May 11, 2015
I'm in a desperate need for a Black Album sounding snare.

I bought SSD4 and it simply didn't work on my computer... I followed instructions, and it didn't work, I even had contact with the customer support and nothing.

So I have to look somewhere else.

Any ideas? Has to be multisamples of course, but I don't really need different velocities.

(I have checked the Toontrack demos and nothing sounds like it)

My PC is up to spec for SSD4, I have the latest version of Cubase 7, I haven't had any issues with other VST instruments I've bought

They even tried to help me out on remote using TeamViewer but not even the support team had any idea why SSD4 didn't work on my PC.

So it's just a big mystery...

"Simply does not work on my computer" is not a thing that can happen. If your computer meets minimum requirements, it will work. Something fixable is going on. A number of people on the this forum are fairly tech savvy, if you want to see if we can help?

Want to provide info about what's happening? Which OS are you on? Cubase? Reaper?

have you activated it on iLok?

SSD4 is the only Slate plugin that doesn't use iLok. At least, not when I bought it.

To the OP, have you tried another host? If not, REAPER has a fully functional free demo. Download that, point it to your VST folder where SSD4 is installed and see if REAPER can detect it. If it does, this is yet another Cubase issue.

I bought SSD4 and it simply didn't work on my computer... I followed instructions, and it didn't work, I even had contact with the customer support and nothing.

this tells nothing. what EXACTLY does not work? installation? regisration?
the plugin itself?

It's not great since the tail gets cut off and it's processed already but just rip the very beginning of Sad But True right off the album and you have at least the attack of the snare there to blend in with some other tail.