Music 2012

Let's see...Asphyx, Ketzer, Ignivomous, Sigh, Faustcoven, Inquisition, Zemial(maybe), Pallbearer, Christian Mistress, Solstice, Pagan Altar, anything BTC/Rhinocervs related and of course more reissues of classic metal records are always welcome.

Yeah, 2012 will be huge:
Napalm Death, Paradise Lost, Cathedral, Moonspell, Katatonia, Dead Can Dance, Secrets of the Moon, Dor De Duh, Killing Joke.

+ The Flight of Sleipnir puts out a new album and reissues their first releases on vinyl.
+ Whatever reissues the usual labels do this year.
I WILL GO BROKE :devil:

looking forward too new albums from:
Daylight Dies.
Saturnus.
Woods of Ypres.
Katatonia.
Les Descrets.
Gallowbraid.
October falls.
Soulfallen.
Atoma.
Swallow the sun.
Before the Dawn.
Cynic.

And so on

I'm waiting for Katatonia, Eluveite*, Les Discrets, The Foreshadowing, Neurosis, Gojira, Anathema, Shearwater, Damien Jurado, Riverside, Tool, Paradise Lost and I'm sure many more. :)

Edit: Gonna have to check out Anneke van Giersbergen and Crippled Black Phoenix...didn't know they had new stuff out. :D

There is a ton of good bands putting out albums this year. So far that I have heard, Woods Of Ypres, Alcest, Swallow The Sun, and Anneke Van Giersbergen have put out awesome albums.

Album of the year I think will come down to either Katatonia or Anathema

1. Tool
Nine Inch Nails
The Mars Volta
Karnivool
Katatonia
Storm Corrosion

There is a ton of good bands putting out albums this year. So far that I have heard, Woods Of Ypres, Alcest, Swallow The Sun, and Anneke Van Giersbergen have put out awesome albums.

Album of the year I think will come down to either Katatonia or Anathema

Agreed, all points. Loving new Alcest.

How about a Katatonia/Anathema co-headling tour??

The new Woods Of Ypres is really good, that'll probably be in my top 3 for the year. I like the new Alcest as well but I'm disappointed that no new elements were added to the band's sound.

Alcest - Les Voyages de L'Âme
Anathema
The Birthday Massacre
Burzum - Umskiptar
Cynic - The Portal Tapes
Drudkh - Eternal Turn of the Wheel
Katatonia
Meshuggah - Koloss
Monarch - Omens
Muse
Radiohead
Ram-Zet
Sangre y Tierra - Beyond Her, There are Glorious Swells
Sigh - In Somniphobia
Swallow the Sun - Emerald Forest and the Blackbird
To/Die/For - Samsara

For those who are into neue deutsch härte, new Eisbrecher is fucking amazing.

This is the best song they've released since Böse Mädchen! The chorus riff is so increidble and riveting!!

Last edited by a moderator:
This is going to be a good year... Some of my favorite bands, lets hope there are no disappointments; Katatonia, Anathema, Dead Can Dance !!!!!, Saturnus...I'll stop there, that should just about do it !